Discover Gold Coast estates, world-famous shopping, wineries and an island community all our own.
- Gatsby-like opulence awaits with a historic Gold Coast mansion tour. Choices include: the Vanderbilt Museum & Planetariumin Centerport; Coe Hall at the Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park in Oyster Bay; and Sagamore Hill, home of Theodore Roosevelt.
- Take the ferry to Fire Island to visit eclectic Cherry Grove and the upscale Pines, the LGBT communities with luscious beaches, meandering boardwalks and rollicking dance parties - everything except cars!
- For seaside fun without the required boat ride, visit Jones Beach, home of 6.5 miles of beautiful white-sand and vibrant surf. Some of the beach areas, known as fields, are particularly popular with LGBT beachgoers.
- Get some culture with arts and history at: the Walt Whitman Historic Site, birthplace of the great American poet, in West Hills ; and the Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center, studio of the legendary abstract painter, in East Hampton.
- Follow grape cluster signs along the Long Island Wine Trail for tastings, tours and meals at award-winning wineries.
- Get in some shopping, whether at the Tanger Outlet Center in Riverhead, on the luxurious "Miracle Mile" in Manhasset or in the posh Hamptons.
- Head out to Montauk Point for a tour of the historic lighthouse and mesmerizing sunset views.
Gold Coast mansion tour
Vanderbilt Museum & Planetarium
Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park
Walt Whitman Historic Site
Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center
Long Island Wine Trail
Tanger Outlet Center