- Several Museums in the greater Capital Region are participating in the Blue Star Museums program
which offers free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families from now through Labor Day. The program, in its second year of operation, was developed by the National Endowment for the Arts and is a partnership with more than 1,300 museums across America.
"This program is a wonderful way to recognize and thank our military families for all they do for our country," stated Michele Vennard, President of the Albany Convention & Visitors Bureau. "We are very proud of our members who are participating."
The regional Museums that are part of the Blue Star Museums are:
- The Albany Institute of History and Art, Albany
- Children's Museum of Science & Technology, Troy
- Adirondack Museum, Blue Mountain Lake
- Farmers Museum, Cooperstown
- Fenimore Art Museum, Cooperstown
- USS Slater, DE 766, Albany
To find out more about the program go to http://www.arts.gov/national/bluestarmuseums
Michele Vennard, 518-434-1217 x300