Syracuse hotels, restaurants and attractions offering $1 deals to celebrate the Syracuse Orange's #1 NCAA Seed
Syracuse, N.Y. -
Basketball fans across the country know about the strength of the Syracuse University men's basketball team, especially as they make their number one seed presence known during the NCAA ® tournament. The Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau
(SCVB) is taking advantage of the Orange's number one ranking - and using it to secure national media attention for the community as a visitor friendly destination.
The SCVB reached out to all industry partners in early March 2012 via email with details about the 1 for 1 All the Way
promotion, encouraging businesses to create $1 deals to celebrate the Orange's number one ranking in the NCAA tournament.
"Within a few days and with the support of more than 20 partners, we were able to pull together a fantastically diverse list of $1 deals throughout the Greater Syracuse area, ranging from hotels and restaurants to cultural attractions and road races" said SCVB President David Holder. The complete list of participating businesses and deals can be found at http://distribution.mymediainfo.com/lists/lt.php?id=fB8JBVlSCFYFB08HWgBVAk9WUVEDCg4%3D
The SCVB is collaborating with New York City-based public relations firm Quinn & Co. to push the 1 for 1 All the Way
campaign to international and national media during the NCAA tournament. Quinn & Co. also serves as the PR-firm for the Finger Lakes Region and is familiar with Onondaga County as a destination.
Th e 1 for 1 All the Way
campaign has already secured impressive media coverage including the following:
- The Associated Press: The article is titled, "Syracuse businesses offer $1 beers, pizzas in support of basketball team," and begins with, "This could be a great time to visit Syracuse in upstate New York?"
- Yahoo! News(53,060,123 unique monthly visitors) http://distribution.mymediainfo.com/lists/lt.php?id=fB8JBVlSCFYFAE8HWgBVAk9WUVEDCg4%3D
- Winnipeg Free Press (163,621 unique monthly visitors)
- Niuzercom (37,032 unique monthly visitors)
- Metro News Edmonton: Metro is the nation's number one free national daily newspaper brand with editions published in Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, London, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. Metro reaches more than 1.4 million readers daily. Metro Canada's website has 741,365 monthly unique visitors and over 2.3 million page views.
- The Sports Bank: receives more than 62,800 unique visitors per month and is dedicated to providing coverage of sports news
- Gack Sports: a real-time sports news feed receives 4,090 visitors a month and picked up The Sports Bank post.
- HipCompass Escapes reaches a readership of 159,000 and is the first national travel magazine that is completely digital and is written entirely by bloggers. The magazine informs readers of the best in travel from luxury to budget.
- Gadling.com, the world's top travel blog with 934,361 unique monthly visitors http://distribution.mymediainfo.com/lists/lt.php?id=fB8JBVlSCFYFAU8HWgBVAk9WUVEDCg4%3D
"This is just the beginning," said Holder. "We're confident that media outlets will continue to engage with our $1 deals and spread the news about what a great destination Syracuse, New York is - -not only for basketball, but for a getaway."
The SCVB partnered with Quinn & Co. on a similar promotion when the Orange secured a number one seed in the 2010 NCAA ® tournament. That campaign secured more than 20 mentions in national outlets including a front page mention on the Wall Street Journal.
The 1 for 1 All the Way
campaign runs through the Orange's presence in the NCAA® tournament.
About the Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau (SCVB) in Syracuse, N.Y. is Onondaga County's accredited marketing organization for tourism related economic development leading the production of nearly $724 million in direct visitor spending annually. For more information, visit http://distribution.mymediainfo.com/lists/lt.php?id=fB8JBVlSCFYFAk8HWgBVAk9WUVEDCg4%3D.
(315) 470-1903 - Direct Line