- Haybina Hao, director of international development at the National Tour Association (NTA), will give an overview of the market and its future growth.
- Xiachuan Jing of China's UnionPay credit card company will share information about the importance and benefits of offering the UnionPay option.
- Paul Cohen, vice president of Optriant, a hospitality firm specializing in helping the tourism industry service the Chinese visitor, will share specifics on how to make hotels and attractions more welcoming for the Chinese visitor.
- Jack So, co-owner of L&L Travel, one of the largest Chinese tour operators based in Chinatown/NYC, will answer questions about what tour companies are looking for.
- Markly Wilson, director of international tourism for I Love NY, will speak about the Division of Tourism's plans and opportunities to increase tourism from China to all of New York State.
Seminar features top industry experts Corning, N.Y. -The Corning Museum of Glass will offer a half-day seminar, Welcoming Chinese Visitors: Strategies for Success, on Tuesday, December 10, from 8:30 am to 12:30 p.m. This is an important topic to The Corning Museum of Glass. In 2012, the Museum welcomed more than 130,000 visitors from Chinese tour groups, more than a quarter of the Museum's annual visitation. The Museum offers demonstrations and tour maps translated into Mandarin, and a number of other amenities for Chinese tourists. The seminar is designed to give attractions, hotels and other businesses that service tourists an overview of the Chinese market and a look at best practices for servicing this market. Five experts in inbound Chinese tourism will speak: