Escape to the Adirondacks for a Great New York Fall Getaway
Adirondack Region, N.Y
. - The Adirondack Park is located less than an hour's drive north of Albany and four hours north of New York City, offering unparalleled outdoor recreation and family-friendly festivals amid colorful fall foliage for the perfect autumn weekend getaway.
The Adirondack Region is larger than most national parks combined, offering six-million-acres of public and private lands unaffected by the U.S. Government shutdown. Located just a short drive from major metro areas in the northeast, the Adirondacks are a great alternative for travelers looking to have a wilderness park experience, but finding the gates closed at federally funded parks.
This weekend, fall foliage colors are nearing their peak vibrancy, and with warmer temperatures expected to continue through mid-October, now is the perfect time to hike, paddle and drive around the Adirondack's mountains, lakes and rivers.
Don't miss the Adirondack Region's exciting fall festival line-up continuing through the end of October. Upcoming festivals include:
- Adirondack Coast Wine, Cider & Food Festival - October 12 at the Crete Civic Center in Plattsburgh. Featuring locally sourced foods and drinks, samples, demonstrations and vendors.
- Penfield Homestead Museum's AppleFolkFest - October 13 at Crown Point. Enjoy a craft fair, flea market, music, homemade baked delicacies and apple desserts.
- Flaming Leaves Festival - October 12-13 in Lake Placid. Enjoy family-friendly fun, activities, barbecue, ski jumping exhibition and lawn games.
The Adirondack Park offers some of the best wilderness vantage points in the country - from as-far-as-the-eye-can-see panoramas, to intimate ponds secluded in a reflective halo of golden leaves. Explore the East Coast's largest wilderness park with special fall lodging deals
offer a variety of opportunities, including:
Apple Picking Package in the Lake George Region
- Package includes overnight accommodations at the elegant Georgian Lakeside Resort, sparkling cider upon arrival, dinner for two at Giovannas on the Lake, ½ peck of apples at pick-your-own Saratoga Apples and breakfast each morning of your stay. Rates start at $390 per couple and include all gratuities and taxes.
Adirondack Adventure Package in Lake Placid Region
- Package includes one night's accommodation at the family-friendly Ledge Rock at Whiteface in Wilmington, and a day pass to High Falls Gorge, featuring cliff walkways above the thundering Ausable River. Rates start at $122 per couple and do not include taxes. Enjoy easy access to Whiteface Mountain's Oktoberfest and other fall foliage events, as well as scenic fall gondola rides.
Golfing Package on the Adirondack Coast
- Package includes mid-week and weekend accommodations at the historic Bluff Point Golf Resort on the coast of Lake Champlain, two rounds of golf per person, access to a private sand beach and canoe and kayak rentals. Rates start at $84 per person mid-week, based on double occupancy.
Find more information about fall in the Adirondacks at: visitadirondacks.com/what-to-do/fall-foliage
About the Adirondacks:
The Adirondack Region is a six-million-acre park offering limitless recreation amid 2,000 miles of hiking trails and 3,000 lakes and ponds. Part of the largest temperate forest in the world, the Adirondacks are also home to 103 towns and villages. Connect with the Adirondacks on Facebook.com/visitadirondacks or Twitter.com/visitadks. Search Adirondack events, attractions and Adirondack vacation packages at VisitAdirondacks.com.