Journey, Explore and Experience Adirondack Events, Attractions & More
Lake George, N.Y. - The summer travel season is in full swing in New York's Lake George Area, offering a full calendar of family-friendly festivals, natural attractions and exciting activities close to home.
A summer vacation with the family should be an experience to remember long after your suitcases are unpacked. Get away to the Lake George Area, just an hour north of the Capital Region for a small-town feel with big mountain experiences. From artistic exhibitions to scenic train rides, summer wouldn't be complete without a trip to the Lake George Area with these can't-miss events and activities:
• The friendly ‘hometown city' of Glens Falls comes alive on Wednesday nights in July and August with "Take a Bite" a culinary odyssey through the downtown area's restaurants. Sample tapas from local restaurants, browse boutiques and sidewalk sales, enjoy street performers, face painters, jugglers and musicians.
• Ride the rails of the North End Local Train, a 45-minute excursion on the Saratoga and North Creek Railway from Thurman to North Creek. In Thurman, visit Nettle Meadow Farm and taste their award-winning cheese, stop at Martin's Lumber for a sawmill demo, or visit a sugar house to buy local maple syrup. On your stop in North Creek, enjoy lunch and shopping in town, or take a scenic gondola ride at Gore Mountain.
• Learn about the First Wilderness Heritage Corridor on July 26 during the Thurman Showcase featuring more than 40 exhibitors, including artisans and crafters, local farm-fresh products, Adirondack family activities and delicious food.
• Take a microbrewery or winery tour and sample ales and lagers from five local proprietors and one winery and bring home a bottle of your favorite to share with friends.
• Enjoy a leisurely historical guided walking tour lead by Colonial-era costumed guides at the Lake George Battlefield Park area on select Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Children under 12 admitted free with a paying adult.
The Lake George Area offers unparalleled family-friendly fun all summer long. Find more information and an array of things to do at www.VisitLakeGeorge.com.
About the Lake George Area:
The Lake George Area is close-to-home, affordable, year-round vacation destination for the whole family. For more information about Lake George lodging, camping, dining, outdoor recreation, events and things to do, call 800-365-1050 xt. 5100 or go to VisitLakeGeorge.com. Connect with the Lake George Region on Facebook.com/TheLakeGeorgeArea to share your family photos from Lake George.
Warren County Tourism Department