Orange County, N.Y. - Orange County, NY is sure to be a destination of choice for day trippers and weekenders looking for fun outdoor festivals this summer. From live music and craft vendors to road races and even an airshow, each event offers a unique opportunity to experience all this scenic Hudson Valley county has to offer.
"There's no better place to spend a summer day than outdoors in the beautiful Hudson Valley," said Orange County Tourism Director Susan Hawvermale. "With so many festivals to choose from, you'll never run out of fun activities the whole family can enjoy."
Here's a sampling of some summer activities on the calendar in Orange County, NY:
• June 4, 2016: RiverFest, Donahue Park, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY. Enjoy views of the majestic Hudson River or get in a kayak to experience it firsthand. Also features food, crafts, live music, a story teller and magicians for the kids. Website: www.river-fest.com
• June 18, 2016, 12:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: Newburgh Illuminated Festival, Liberty St. and Broadway, Newburgh, NY. Features live music on multiple stages, vendors selling locally-sourced and handmade goods, pop-up art shows, and trolley tours of historic Newburgh. Website: www.newburghilluminatedfestival.com
• June 18, 2016, 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.: Celtic Festival, Palaia Winery, Seaman Court and Route 32, Highland Mills, NY. Get your Irish on! Features step dancers, Celtic Cross band, bag pipers, local artists and vendors, a bounce house and kids corner. Website: www.palaivineyards.com
• July 2, 2016, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and July 3, 2016, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.: Great American Weekend, 33 Park Place, Goshen, NY. 35th annual event brings crafts, music and food to this quaint village while grand circuit harness racing takes place just a block away. 5 and 10K races run on Saturday morning. Website: www.goshennychamber.com
• Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day, August 6 - October 2, 2016, New York Renaissance Faire, 600 Route 17A, Tuxedo Park NY. Enjoy a rollicking romp through Elizabethan England complete with 16th Century games, rides, arts, crafts, food, music and dance - set within the majestic groves of Sterling Forest. Website: www.renfair.com
• September 3 - 4, 2016, New York Air Show, Stewart International Airport, Newburgh, N.Y. Headlined by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, some of the nation's top military and civilian air show performers will soar through the skies. Plus, the West Point Parachute Team will jump the American Flag in for the National Anthem. Website: www.airshowny.com
Be sure to visit Orange County Tourism's Facebook page: Orange County Tourism NY. It's a fabulous guide to up-to-the-minute postings of area events and activities, great times, and memorable experiences available to visitors.
Also visit Orange County Tourism's new website: www.orangetourism.org.
About Orange County Tourism
Orange County Tourism, based in Goshen, N.Y., is the county's tourism headquarters and a participant in the I LOVE NY program. A comprehensive listing of area attractions, lodging, and events can be found at www.OrangeTourism.org. For a free copy of the Orange County Travel Guide, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-615-3860.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Focus Media, Inc.
845-294-3342 ext. 306