Celebrate 200 Years of History With Family-Friendly Fun in the
Adirondack Lake George Region
Historic New York Landmark Event Underway in the Adirondack Park's Warren County
ADIRONDACK REGION, NY (February 12, 2013)- Visit the Lake George Region and celebrate 200 years of Adirondack history during the Warren County Bicentennial celebration going on now through December 31, 2013.
For 200 years, the Lake George Region has been a favorite holiday destination renowned for its lakes, mountains, family-friendly atmosphere and diverse cultural attractions. Throughout 2013, Warren County will celebrate its bicentennial with special events, historic reenactments, family-friendly festivals and more.
Events are going on now through December 31 include:
- Memorial Day Parade - May 25 in Hague. Celebrate the Warren County Bicentennial and the holiday weekend with family-friendly activities, games, vendors, marching bands, and a Civil War themed memorial service after the parade.
- Old Home Days - June 14-15 in Thurman. Honor area Veterans during this Flag Day celebration and visit a reenactors encampment, dance to live music and enjoy an evening display of fireworks.
- Smoke Eaters Jamboree - July 26-27 in Warrensburg. Enjoy carnival rides, live musical entertainment, delicious food options, vendors and fireworks.
- Stony Creek Mountain Days Festival- August 2-4 in Stony Creek. Enjoy music, dancing and more during this annual musical gathering. Crafts, homemade food vendors, children's activities, logging competitions and a historical timeline make this a bicentennial event not to miss.
- Warren County Rural Heritage Festival & Youth Fair - August 10 in Warrensburg. Enjoy a day of old-fashioned fun that celebrates 200 years of Warren County traditions. Highlights include a youth talent show, 4-H Horse Show, square dancing, horseshoe competition and more.
- North Warren's County Celebration - August 24 in Pottersville. Experience history on the Old Glendale Property & Fairground with historical exhibits, family-friendly entertainment, food, fireworks and a parade.
- Dinner with the Dead - October 27 in Warrensburg. Meet and dine with some of the region's original settlers.
County NY, history isn't relegated to the pages of books, it's something to
commemorate and experience firsthand. Check out the 2013 Warren County
Bicentennial highlights and plan a visit to the area beloved by generations of
visitors at www.visitlakegeorge.com.
About the Adirondacks:
The Adirondack Region is a six-million-acre park offering limitless recreation amid 2,000 miles of hiking trails and 3,000 lakes and ponds. Part of the largest temperate forest in the world, the Adirondacks are also home to 103 towns and villages. Connect with the Adirondacks on Facebook.com/visitadirondacks or Twitter.com/visitadks. Search Adirondack events, attractions and Adirondack vacation packages at VisitAdirondacks.com.