Join us for a guided tour of this amazing piece of American history, situated in a beautiful (fully walkable) historic district on the north shore of Long Island.
The William Miller House was acquired by the Miller Place-Mount Sinai Historical Society in 1979 from the estate of Harry Millard, the last lineal descendant of William Miller. The house consists of three sections: the middle room–built in 1720 is the original section, the second house was attached to the west end of the house in In 1750 and a third house was brought to the site and added to the east end of the house in 1816. The house is a significant historical structure as very little of the interior has been changed in the almost 300-year existence. Listing on the National Register of Historic Places enabled the eventual preservation and restoration of the structure. The Miller Place-Mount Sinai Historical Society maintains the 1720 William Miller House as a museum and the center for its many historically educational activities.
The first tour starts at 12 pm. You may arrive anytime between 12 pm and 2 pm.