The Small Print
- Running time: up to 3 minutes. If a submission exceeds 3 minutes, only the first 3 will be judged.
- Submission must be in the English language; common foreign words/phrases are acceptable.
- Submission must not have had any previous screenings under its current or any former title.
- Any music, lyrics, sounds, or other creative element used in the submission that is not entrant’s own original creative work can only be used if the entrant has permission. The entrant must provide written permission to Empire State Development (ESD) upon request.
- Submission must be your original work that has not been previously published (including, but not limited to having been posted on any social media platform, blog or other website or having appeared in any other media) nor won a previous prize or award. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as entrant’s original creation.
- Submission may not contain/display any identifiable commercial/corporate advertising other than I LOVE NY,(including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names and slogans appearing on clothing, scenery or anything else visible in the video). ESD reserves the right, but not the obligation, to blur/black out the image(s)/name(s) of unacceptable logos, brand names and slogans that appear in submission, but if ESD does not do so, the entry may be disqualified. ESD reserves the right to allow submissions containing only incidental, non-infringing use of third-party trademarks.
- Submission may include the I LOVE NY brand name, logo and/or trademark, though such use should be unaltered; the use of the I LOVE brand name, logo and/or trademark is permitted only for the purpose of entering in this contest. NOTE: Use of the I LOVE NY brand name, logo and/or trademark is not required.
- Submission cannot contain any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers.
- Submission must not contain any material embodying the names, likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying celebrities and/or other public figures, living or dead.
- Submission must not contain defamatory statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group). The determination of what a defamatory statement rests solely with ESD.
- Submission must not include threats to any person, place, business, or group; it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm, entity, and it must not in any way violate applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Submission must not include or show any dangerous behavior or activity or contain content that promotes dangerous activities that may result in injury to oneself or others.
- Submission must not contain indecent behavior, profanities or obscenities, including but not limited to nudity, or pornography, and must not in any way disparage persons or organizations associated with ESD.
- Submission must be suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- If the submission contains any person(s) other than the entrant, by entering this contest, entrant attests that he/she has received permission from other person(s) depicted in the submission (and from parent/legal guardian if other person(s) depicted are considered minors in their states of residence) for ESD to use their names/likenesses for publicity including, but not limited to, posting on website(s) and must make written copies of such permissions available to the ESD upon request. If you are selected as a potential winner, any other person depicted in your submission may be required to sign a publicity release.
- Persons under the age of 18 may not appear in submission without written permission from their parents or legal guardians.
- All material submitted becomes property of ESD and will not be returned.
- ESD reserves the right to: (a) use contestant's name and likeness and reproduce/distribute all entries submitted in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity, (b) alter, amend, edit or change entries prior to distribution, (c) use, distribute, reproduce, alter, amend and copyright entries for purposes of advertising and trade, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and (d) conduct a background check on the selected winner(s) of this contest as a precondition to their award. In the event contestant(s) does not wish to undergo such a check, ESD reserves the right to disqualify such winner(s) and select another contestant as the winner(s). ESD, in its sole discretion, may disqualify winner(s) based on the results of said background check. Entrants/winners (and parent/legal guardian if entrant/winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to release, discharge and hold harmless released parties from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused) arising out of participation and/or acceptance/use of prize, and agree to be bound by the official rules and the judges' decisions, which are final. Entry into the contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for ESD and its affiliates to use entrant's/winner's name and/or likeness and/or submission for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners' list, unless prohibited by law. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any contest materials and the terms and conditions of the official rules, the official rules shall prevail, govern and control. ESD is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes,
- NOTICE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Not responsible for faulty, incorrect, undeliverable or mistranscribed phone/email transmissions, incorrect announcements of any kind, technical hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the promotion, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission that may limit a user's ability to participate in the promotion. ESD assumes no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user's email account to receive email. ESD reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the program; or if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration or security of the program as determined by ESD/judging agency/administrator, in their sole discretion. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible entries received prior to termination will be included in the judging. Any damage made to the web site by an entrant will be the responsibility of the entrant and/or the authorized email account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by ESD. Any entries which are suspected of being fraudulent (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by ESD. ESD reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these official rules.
This contest is void wherever restricted or prohibited by state or local laws.