• Accessibility
Menu Close

Erie Canal Discovery Center

  • 24 Church Street
  • Lockport, NY 14094
  • (716) 439-0431
  • Visit Site
Details

An official Path Through History Site! The Erie Canal was an engineering marvel and engine of economic development for 19th century New York. The famous Flight of Five Locks that were built in Lockport in 1823-1825 was hailed by General Marquis de Lafayette as a wonder of the modern world. In addition to multi-media and interactive exhibits, the museum also features the Raphael Beck mural depicting the celebration of NY Governor Dewitt Clinton`s ceremonial first passage through the locks to officially open the Erie Canal in 1825.

Amenities

Amenities

General
  • Wheelchair Accessible:

Things To Do

General
  • Winter Indoor Activity:
History
  • History & Culture:
  • Path Through History:
Museums
  • American History Museum:

Travel Tools

Visitor Information
  • InfoCenter (walk-in):
  • Local tourism:
Accessibility

Accessible Amenities

Blind/Low Vision
  • Blind/Low Vision Accommodations:
  • Signage: Yes
  • Elevator with Braille or Raised Print Buttons: Yes
  • Staff Orientation: Yes
Deaf/Hearing Loss
  • Deaf/Hearing Loss Accommodations:
  • Closed-Captioned Films/Videos: Yes
General
  • Accessible Amenities:
  • Accessible Car Parking Onsite: Yes
  • Accessible Van Parking Onsite: Yes
  • Disability Discount: Yes
  • Companion Discount: Yes
  • Service Animal Relief: Yes
Mobility/Wheelchair Access
  • Mobility/Wheelchair Access Accommodations:
  • Accessible Bathroom: Yes
  • Accessible Entrance: Yes
  • Accessible Route: Yes
  • Accessible Elevator: Yes
  • Seating/Bench: Yes
Map