"Built during the 1860s and 1870s, Oneida Community Mansion House was the home to the 19th century utopian Oneida Community (1848-1880). In 1881, the Community disbanded and transferred its property to a joint-stock corporation that continued as a major manufacturer in the region including, in the 20th century, the production of tableware. Today, the Mansion House is a National Historic Landmark and history museum situated on 33 acres in Oneida, with guided tours, exhibitions, public programs and overnight lodging. Century old trees define the gardens and lawns. The historic Oneida Community Golf Course is a short walk away. A Path Through History attraction and Watchable Wildlife destination."