The Oswego Speedway, located in Oswego New York, was built in 1951 when original owners Harry, George and William Caruso converted the one time Wine Creek Horse Track into a 3/8 mile dirt auto racing facility. The track was paved during 1952 and remained a 3/8 mile track until 1961 when it was enlarged to its current 5/8 mile size. The Oswego Speedway has been a continuously run weekly race track since it opened in August of 1951. The biggest racing event during the year at Oswego Speedway is the Budweiser International Classic, held annually on Labor Day weekend. The Classic race began in 1957 and annually brings together the best in open-wheel asphalt racing to compete for thousands of dollars in prize money and the right to be called "Classic Champion." The Speedway is now in the hands of the Torrese family, which has a long history as both owners and drivers at the speedway. Brothers John and Eric helped the speedway take on vast capital improvements in just one short year, including a new 20-position scoring pylon, ticket booth area, brand new main entrance, as well as totally renovated VIP booths high atop the grandstand area. Several sections of the Gary Witter Memorial rear grandstand have been updated, and the construction of the campground with water, electric and bathhouses helped to secure a contract to host the NAPA Super DIRTWeek since 2016.