Menu Close

The Green Front Restaurant

  • Details
  • Amenities
  • Map
  • THE GREEN FRONT ORIGINALLY OPENED in 1928  - When it first opened during the prohibition era, the restaurant didn’t originally go by the name, The Green Front. The business — established by the Polimeni family — was called The Italian-American Restaurant. During a time where alcohol consumption was outlawed, the Green Front building served as a speakeasy.   When Prohibition was lifted in 1933 the Polimeni family decided to keep the name Green Front and continually operated until they retired from the business in 1982. The location ( 35 Niagara Street, Canandaigua, New York 14424 ) was operated as a bar from the late 1980's through 2011. The Green Front Restaurant was re-established by Eric Zimmerman and Bobby Johnston in October 2012.

  • Things To Do
    • Restaurant:
    Food & Drink
    • American:
    • Italian/Mediterranean: