The Green Front opened as an Italian-American Restaurant in 1928 by the Polimeni Family. During prohibition this establishment acted as a local speakeasy and was dubbed the “Green Front”. When Prohibition was lifted in 1933 the family decided to keep the name Green Front and continually operated it until they retired from the business in 1982. It was operated as a bar from the late 1980’s through 2011. The Green Front Restaurant re-opened in October 2012.