Historic Landscape Is Final Component of the Two Decades-Long Restoration Effort
Restoration Project Received Investment Totaling More Than $50 Million from Federal and State Partners
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the completion of the restored Frank Lloyd Wright-designed landscape on the estate of the Darwin D. Martin House, the final component of the overall restoration effort that has spanned more than two decades and received more than $50 million in investments in the National Historic Landmark and New York State Historic Site. The Martin House received $24 million in total funding from New York State beginning in 1993, and Governor Cuomo closed the gap with a $5 million commitment. Those final funds were used primarily to rehabilitate the historic landscape, preserve the Barton House (1903) - the secondary residence on the estate - and complete the restoration of the second floor of the Martin House.