- Travel and tourism account for 16,373 jobs (FTE) with $488,146 in labor income.
- Travel and tourism generate $61.3 in local tax revenue.
- Travel and tourism generate $56,595 million in state taxes.
- Travel and tourism generate $197,836 million from lodging/accommodations.
- Regional Marketing. This Bureau effort has been increased to highlight Quadricentennial/ Hudson 400 events. "It's a great year to explore your own backyard" noted Christine Miles, Director of the Albany Institute of History and Art and an ACCVB Board member. The Institute is home to the special Quadricentennial exhibit, Hudson River Panorama: 400 Years of History, Art and Culture.
- "Host It Here." This Bureau-created initiative includes advertisements to encourage local citizens to host the meetings of organizations they belong to here in the Capital. "This helps our economy, shows community pride and with the services of the Bureau, it's a snap," Ms. Vennard said. The Bureau will take the "Host It Here" message to local groups and hold several meetings at local colleges.
***The Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. was established in 1976 to promote the civic and commercial progress of the community through increased development of conventions and tourism. ACCVB currently represents more than 300 member businesses and assists each year in hundreds of regional meetings. ACCVB also operates the Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center, Henry Hudson Planetarium and the Albany International Airport Information Center. For more information, call 518-434-1217 or (800) 258-3582.
CONTACT: Michele Vennard, President and CEO
(518) 434-1217 x300, firstname.lastname@example.org