- The Albany Trolleys have partnered with the city's three BIDS -- Downtown Albany, Lark Street and Central Area -- for a Traveling Concert Series
The second concert is from 11 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 5 (rain date is Aug. 6).
On board will be singer/songwriter Bert Mayne with guitar in hand and inviting everyone to sing along to his special blend of folk, blues, country and more!
Henry Hudson will be on the Trolley, too, as part of the Albany Trolleys' salute to Albany's Quadricentennial Celebration.
At a time when budget cuts have eliminated some special events and entertainment, the Trolleys have pooled their resources with those of Albany's Business Improvement Districts to put a free show on the road for all to enjoy.
The Trolley will make a series of 10- to 15-minute stops in Downtown, along Central Avenue and in the vicinity of Lark Street.
Everyone is invited to stop by the Trolley and sing along!
The tentatively scheduled series of stops for the Traveling Concert are:
MORE INFO: http://www.albanyaquaducks.com/
- 11 a.m. - In front of Price Chopper/Central and Colvin Avenues
- 11:20 a.m. - Townsend Park Apartments
- 11:50 a.m. - Bombers Burrito Bar, Lark Street
- 12 Noon - Lark and Spring Streets near the Daily Grind
- 12:20 p.m. - Capitol Park
- 12:40 p.m. - Ten Eyck Plaza
- 1 p.m. - Broadway near SUNY Plaza
Kathy Condon * Condon Communications