- Matt Weingarten, Executive Chef, Inside Park at St. Bart's
- Peter Lindabury, LEED AP Consultant for the Conference Center at Lake Placid
- Kate Sinding, senior attorney and Deputy Director of the New York urban program at the National Resource Defense Council
- Valarie D'Elia, travel correspondent for NY1 News
- Kaity Tsui, Greenest NYer 2010
- Be a striving ‘eco-extraordinaire' and demonstrate a clear passion for spreading the "green word."
- Illustrate a commitment to and leadership in protecting the environment.
- Describe how they've contributed to sustainable eco-practices and what they do regularly to maintain a "green spirit."
###About Green Heart NY In 2010, Empire State Development, which administers the I LOVE NEW YORK program, unveiled a new "green heart" in its famous I LOVE NEW YORK logo as part of an initiative that promotes green-certified restaurants and hotels, as well as the State's parks, beaches, waterways and mountains. I LOVE NEW YORK chose ten must-see iconic green travel destinations for 2010 spanning the State's 11 tourism regions. The destinations include national icons such as Niagara Falls State Park, the Catskill Scenic Trail, Adirondack Park's high peaks, and the Empire State Building. The list also includes scenic State Parks such as Taughannock Falls and Letchworth, as well as diverse locales such as the Fire Island National Seashore, Storm King Arts Center, Waterways of the Thousand Islands, and Roosevelt Baths and Spa. Information about I LOVE NEW YORK's Green destinations can be found on the Green Heart NY Web site at www.iloveny.com/greenheart. About EscapeMaker.com EscapeMaker.com is an online guide to local hotels, B&B's, vacation rentals, events and festivals, weekend getaways and day trip destinations within a day's drive or train ride of New York City. For more information and for tickets to EscapeMaker.com's Green Getaways, Local Food & Travel Expo, on April 30th at Skylight One Hanson in Brooklyn, NY, visit http://www.escapemaker.com/travelexpo About New York State New York State features 11 beautiful vacation regions. New York's attractions span from landmarks such as Niagara Falls, to the wine trails of Hudson Valley and treasures like the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Whether it's wide-ranging outdoor activities for the whole family like fishing, hiking and boating, culinary wonders and farm-to-table fresh foods, or the rich history and culture of one of the 13 original colonies, New York State offers diverse activities for all travelers. For more information visithttp://www.iloveny.com/. Media can find press releases and more at http://www.thebeat.iloveny.com/. Empire State Development is New York's chief economic development agency, committed to being recognized on a global scale as the economic development engine driving job growth, strategic investment and prosperity in New York State. ESD also oversees the marketing of "I LOVE NEW YORK," the State's iconic tourism brand. For more information, visit http://www.esd.ny.gov/. Contact: Lisa Willner (ESD) | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-800-260-7313 Eric Scheffel (ESD) | email@example.com | 518-292-5274