Hunter and Windham Mountain Ski Resorts welcoming snow sports enthusiasts
Greene County, N.Y.
- With temperatures dropping in the Great Northern Catskills, Greene County's world class ski resorts are open and ready to kick off the holiday ski season with events, deals, packages and more.
New York ski resorts
Hunter Mountain and Windham Mountain offer miles of skiing and riding, unparalleled terrain, incredible on-site amenities and package deals so you can save all season long.
Resort communities throughout the Great Northern Catskills, as well as off-mountain businesses and attractions, are open, fully operational, and ready to greet visitors with the hospitality long associated with this region.
Dubbed the "Catskills premier winter resort destination," Hunter Mountain is currently offering:
- 3X Card - get three, non-holiday lift tickets for just $119
- Big Lift Card - get 25 percent off weekend and holiday tickets and 50% off midweek, non-holiday tickets for $49
Fly over a snow-covered landscape at Hunter Mountain's New York Zipline Adventure Tour, go snow-tubing or spend an afternoon relaxing at the Mountain Club Spa. On Saturday, December 17th
, test your racing skills during the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge
. Sign up for a chance to win prizes and giveaways. Registration is free and open to all ages.
Offering "the premier alpine lifestyle" for families and couples, Saturday, December 17th
kicks off a special holiday ski weekend at Windham. Ski with Santa Claus; enjoy live music and more during Windham's "Dashing Through the Snow Weekend
Explore Windham's expansive trails and on-site amenities, including an equipment valet, shopping, dining, slopeside lodging and special deals, including:
- Gravity Card - get direct-to-lift access and $25-off midweek lift ticket or $15 off of a weekend lift ticket and avoid standing in line at the ticket window for $99.
- Stripes and Badges Card - active military, police and firefighters receive $25 off a midweek, non-holiday ticket and $15 off a weekend/holiday ticket.
Windham Mountain offers night skiing, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, snowtubing, ice skating, zipline adventures and a kids' snowmobile park.
Sign up for the FREE Greene Card and receive an additional free ticket to Catskills' family friendly attractions
, including Hunter and Windham Mountains. Offer includes one mid-week, non-holiday ticket to card holders, who will receive an additional free ticket to be redeemed at the time of sale.
About Greene County:
Greene County is located in the Great Northern Catskill Mountains and the verdant Hudson River Valley. The region is home to five of the 10 highest Catskill Peaks and the Catskill State Park. Greene County is renowned as the home of Thomas Cole's Hudson River School and the inspiration for Washington Irving's literary legend, Rip Van Winkle
, and was named in honor of American Revolutionary War General Nathanael Greene. This 286,000 acre wilderness offers abundant year-round outdoor recreation and unique cultural events. Learn more about winter events and skiing vacation packages at http://www.greatnortherncatskills.com/