Sponsored by Emma Willard School
Sunday, November 20 at the Hall of Springs in Saratoga
Fundraiser Features Northeast Ballet Performance, English Tea, Holiday Photos and More
Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- Dreams of dancing sugar plum fairies, toy soldiers and villainous mice will come to life on Sunday, November 20 at the Hall of Springs in Saratoga, for SPAC's popular holiday fundraiser, the Nutcracker Tea. Sponsored by Emma Willard School and presented by SPAC's Action Council, the event features a special one-hour performance of beloved classic ballet, The Nutcracker
by Northeast Ballet Company. Other highlights of the event include an expanded English Tea menu with mini sandwiches, cookies and other delicacies, holiday photos, a raffle, and gift for each child. The event is presented at two times: 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tickets, available at spac.org
, are $40 for adults and $15 for children; proceeds benefit arts education programs at SPAC.
"The annual Nutcracker Tea is a wonderful holiday tradition that has become a favorite for families across the Capital Region. Classic scenes from Balanchine's beloved ballet, The Nutcracker
come to life as guests enjoy the delights of an English Tea," said Marcia J. White, SPAC President and Executive Director. "Adding to the magic are holiday photos, gifts for the kids and sparkling trees and decorations that transform the Hall of Springs into a wonderland. It is truly a not-to-be-missed experience."
Noted local photographer Tammy Loya will be on site, providing professional holiday photography to interested guests. Costumed Nutcracker dancers will be available to pose with children and guests for photos.
Features of the event include:
- ¨ ballet excerpts from The Nutcracker performed by Northeast Ballet Company;
- ¨ NEW! Expanded English Tea menu with mini sandwiches, cookies and other delicacies;
- ¨ raffle for prizes that include Nutcracker dolls, ornaments and more;
- ¨ holiday photos of children and guests by photographer Tammy Loya, available for purchase;
- ¨ gift for each child.
"I'd like to extend special thanks to event sponsor Emma Willard School for their generous support of this special event, and of course, to our Action Council members whose effort and imagination create a magical holiday experience for guests," said White.
, composed in 1891 by Tchaikovsky, is a fairy tale ballet that tells the story of a little girl's journey through a fantasy world of fairies, princes, toy soldiers and an army of mice. First performed in 1892 in St. Petersburg, Russia, it has become an American classic since choreographer George Balanchine introduced his production in 1954 in New York City.
Tickets for the Nutcracker Tea are still available at spac.org
or by contacting Linda Deschenes at Linda@spac.org
, or 518-584-9330 ext. 115.
Shane Williams-Ness, 518.584.9330 x 116
Lisa Hill, 518.584.9330 x 119