2012 Marks the 30th Anniversary of Motorcade in Lake George
Adirondack Region, N.Y.
- Each summer, the Adirondack Region of Northern New York welcomes thousands of motorcyclists for unique annual events and 2012 is no different. Join bikers from across the country this June for the world's largest motorcycle touring rally, and don't miss one of the Adirondack's most popular motorcycling events - both found in the Lake George Region.
Annual Americade in Lake George, slated for June 5-9, offers riders a plethora of Adirondack motorcycling
events, activities and tours. This year, Americade will be offering new guided mini tours throughout the Adirondack Park, catered boat cruises on Lake George and family-friendly activities and adventures. Join more than 60,000 riders from across the country, and tour through the Adirondacks' scenic roadways, or chart your own course and discover the rich heritage and Adirondack attractions
of Northern New York.
2012 Americade events and activities include:
- Wild West Ranch Rodeo
- Scavenger Hunt - a five-day hunt through selected towns to find specially marked businesses listed on a special map
- Charity Poker Run - a 100 mile scenic route through the Adirondacks, to Vermont and back to Lake George
- Light Parade and Decorative Lighting Contest
- Ropes Courses
- Horseback Riding Excursions
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Whitewater Rafting on the Hudson River
Each Americade registrant will receive an informational packet at check-in. Pre-register and gain access to hundreds of events for $95 per rider, $85 per passenger, and $65 for children ages 3-11. Adirondack lodging packages
offer special discounts and deals throughout the summer.
Additional Adirondack Region events
include the 10th Annual Warrensburg Bike Rally
in Warrensburg, slated for June 1-10, at the Warren County Fairgrounds. This family-friendly event offers great riding, vendors, activities and more. The Bike Rally spans 10 days and admission is free.
Tour the Adirondacks throughout the summer and the spectacular fall foliage season on 14 New York State Scenic Byways
. Find a variety of riding experiences - from scenic vistas, to historic landmarks and heritage sites and enjoy the ride in the Adirondack Mountains of Northern New York.
About the Adirondacks:
The Adirondack Region
is a six-million-acre park offering limitless recreation amid 2,000 miles of hiking trails and 3,000 lakes and ponds. Part of the largest temperate forest in the world, the Adirondacks are also home to 103 towns and villages. Connect with the Adirondack on Facebook.com/visitadirondacks or Twitter.com/visitadks. Search Adirondack attractions, events and Adirondack vacation packages at VisitAdirondacks.com.