Ski New York's Adirondacks This Winter and Enjoy Incredible Deals and Packages
Adirondack Region, N.Y.
- Alpine ski resorts throughout the northeast are preparing for winter with special early-bird ski package deals
perfect for a quick getaway before the holiday season. In the Adirondacks of Northern New York, snowmaking is scheduled to begin soon, and lodging properties throughout the region are offering winter getaway deals so visitors can do more, save more and worry less.
Now's the time to start planning a winter vacation that is packed with thrills, yet is easy on the wallet. According to Liftopia.com, the web's premier ski ticket retailer, the earlier skiers purchase their lift-tickets online, the more they save. In a recently released study, Liftopia.com found that visitors who booked their ski package 30 days out saved an average of 41 percent on their lift ticket purchase.
Skip the ticket window and avoid paying more for your Adirondack ski trip
by buying ski passes online. Most New York ski resorts, including Whiteface Mountain in Wilmington and Gore Mountain in North Creek, offer online purchasing options. Visitors can also book an Adirondack ski vacation with participating resorts and enjoy all that the region has to offer both on and off the slopes.
Early season ski deals at Adirondack lodging properties include:
- Ledge Rock at Whiteface's Early Season Getaway - Packages start at $79.50 per person, per night mid-week and includes one night's accommodations and a lift ticket to Whiteface Mountain. Based on double occupancy and is available opening day through December 14.
- Adirondack Alpine Lodge's Mid-week Escape Ski Package - Package starts at $126 per person and includes two days of skiing at Gore Mountain and two nights' accommodations. Valid any non-holiday Sunday through Thursday with skiing on Monday-Friday.
- Lake Pleasant Lodge's Ski & Stay Package - Receive 10% off when you stay two nights at the lodge and 10% off two days of skiing at Oak Mountain in Speculator, a total savings of almost $40. Rates start at $105 per night; offer not valid December 25-January 2 or February 15-18.
- The Trail's End Inn Ski & Stay Package - Rates start at $100 per person, based on double occupancy. Valid from November 10 through April 15, the package includes accommodations at this Keene Valley inn and lift tickets to Whiteface Mountain.
Whether tackling the greatest vertical drop in the east at Whiteface Mountain, or cruising the wide trails at Gore Mountain, alpine adventure awaits. Smaller, family-oriented Adirondack ski resorts
like Titus - just two hours south of Montreal - and West Mountain in Queensbury, offer value and thrilling terrain without all the frills. Lift tickets are less than $50 per day, and the summit views rival some of the best in the country.
From Boston, enjoy a half-day's drive into the Adirondack Mountains or skip traffic and fly from Boston's Logan International Airport to the Adirondack Regional Airport in Lake Clear, and be on the slopes within the hour.
For additional ski resort information, lodging packages and après ski suggestions, log onto visitadirondacks.com.
About the Adirondacks:
The Adirondack Region
is a six-million-acre park offering limitless recreation amid 2,000 miles of hiking trails and 3,000 lakes and ponds. Part of the largest temperate forest in the world, the Adirondacks are also home to 103 towns and villages. Connect with the Adirondacks on Facebook.com/visitadirondacks or Twitter.com/visitadks. Search Adirondack events, attractions and Adirondack vacation packages at VisitAdirondacks.com.