Friday, May 18, 5 p.m. in the GE Theatre at Proctors
Schenectady, N.Y. -
Electric City Couture and Proctors proudly present the 3rd Annual Electric City Couture Fashion Show
in the GE Theatre at Proctors on Friday, May 18. The event, created and produced in conjunction with the 5th anniversary of Schenectady Art Night, begins at 5 PM. Admission is free and the event is open to the public.
Joleen Button and Katie Pray - both well-known designers throughout the extended Capital Region - are the creative architects of this year's glittering fashion extravaganza.
Master of Ceremony for the event will be Marisa Jacques, Sportscaster at YNN.
Speaking on behalf of Proctors and as former curator of Art Night/Proctors, Marketing Director Richard Lovrich was hard-pressed to contain his enthusiasm for the May 18 event:
"We are so proud to have Electric City Couture return to Proctors GE Theatre. The level of professionalism, showmanship and opportunity this event affords local designers - both professional and amateur - is without equal in the region. This show has been a huge success since it debuted at Proctors three years ago. Electric City Couture has evolved to become synonymous with the best in local fashion, modeling, hair design and makeup. We are prepared yet again to applaud the hard work and success of the Electric City Couture team and Proctors crew and staff.
"Those lucky enough to arrive early at this first-come, first-admitted event," he added, "can be assured of a show that will make them proud of what is happening in the new Downtown Schenectady by people who have chosen to nurture their creative energies in our Capital Region."
"Electric City Couture is designed to celebrate art in the form of fashion..." comments Joleen (show co-producer), "providing a platform to exhibit up-and-coming designers from around the region."
"Unlike most local fashion shows, we are creating a venue for original local designers with juried lines..." stated Corey Aldrich (show co-producer), "We are looking to create a real runway experience and all the energy that comes with it. We are bringing on the FABULOUS!"
This fashion-focused night in Downtown Schenectady will highlight up-and-coming Regional designers in a pure Runway Experience. In addition to showcasing signature collections, the evening's activities will include signature collections and a fashion competition for the Best of Broadway
Best of Broadway Competition
The fashion competition - Best of Broadway
- will be judged by Capital Region luminaries, who together bring a unique perspective of theater and fashion:
Best of Broadway
- Laura LaFrate - Model | America's Next Top Model
- Richard Lovrich - Marketing Director | Proctors
- Kim Vanyo - Owner and Lead Designer | Khymanyo Studio
- Tommy Watkins - NYC Artist | Fashion and Interior Designs
- Laura Shoemaker - Partner | Albany Talent
judging criteria will include five categories: Inspiration; (piece should have a direct inspiration from Broadway
); Creativity; Quality and Construction; Use of Color and Fabric; and Presentation
Other extended Capital Region designers participating in the show include: Jenn Dugan of Jen's Creative Outlet
, Christina Collins Clothing, Lakeshia Motley of KaNarri Designs
, Jessyka Neitzel and Danielle Breicenbach,
Kim Vanyo of Khymanyo Studios,
Sarah Roberts and Christine Marshall,
Van Demps, Jenny McShan. Live DJ music provided by Schenectady based, Dee Jay Ofi.
It Takes a Village
Headline sponsors for Electric City Couture's include Proctors, 2440 Design Studio, Lady Button Designs, OE Pro Photo, and Albany Talent.
Subsponsors for the event include
Philippe Bevan Beauty Lounge and Studio; Symetry Salon; Stiletto Salon; Cool Cat DJ, and Lori Lepage's Living Out Loud!
About KATIE PRAY
- Winner of the 2008 Albany Project Larkway Fashion Competition, Katie has had design features in Upstate Magazine and recently worked with emerging NYC stylist Colin McDonald. In March 2011 and 2012, Katie was selected by Burdastyle and ETSY to show in their DIY Fashion Show during the SXSW Festival in Austin, TX. Pray participated in the 2011 Wearable Art Runway Show at Möbius in Boston. She is also excited to announce the recent launch of her prom gown line for Rockabella Boutique in Saratoga Springs. Recently, Katie graduated out of her home to a new workspace / studio in Green Island. For more information visit http://www.katiepray.com/
About JOLEEN BUTTON
- 'Lady Button' has won awards locally for her work and has been featured on Ann Parillo's Schenectady Today Show
on OSM, the All Over Albany
website, and The Sage College's Alumni Magazine
. In 2009, Joleen won Albany's Project Larkway Fashion Competition
, additionally she has been featured at RPI Fashion Shows and recently served on the panel of judges for the High School Regional Art Exhibition
and the Media Arts Festival
. Button founded and coordinates Proctor's annual fashion show, Electric City Couture
as well as fashion show segments in their Variety Shows. In 2004, she won a scholarship to study abroad in Paris, where she worked backstage at couture fashion shows. For more information visit http://www.joleenbutton.com/
For more information on the Third Annual Electric City Couture Fashion Show
at Proctors on Friday, May 18, contact:
- Joleen Button Co-Producer | Owner and Fashion Designer Lady Button
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: 518.605.2896
(518) 382-3884 X166