Great Northern Catskills Family Friendly All-Inclusive Resorts and Great Camping
Greene County, N.Y.
- The Great Northern Catskills offer an incredible family vacation destination just two hours north of New York City. Stay and play at the Region's all-inclusive resorts and scenic campgrounds, and enjoy Catskills attractions
this summer in the mountains.
Discover the land of literary folklore and America's artistic heritage. The pristine forests and mountains inspired Washington Irving's Rip Van Winkle
and Thomas Cole to establish one of America's first arts movements - The Hudson River School of Art
. Modern day visitors can trace Cole's steps - from his historic home to Kaaterskill Falls, the highest cascading waterfall in the northeast and a popular hiking destination.
Catskills all-inclusive family resorts
create a worry-free, fun-filled vacation for families and couples. On-site entertainment, classes, meals and activities provide a rich, authentic experience for all ages. Go horseback riding, take a ceramics class, play a game of golf and enjoy nightly entertainment. Try new and exciting cuisine, attend ethnic festivals and enjoy the great outdoors without leaving the resort.
Mid-summer deals are available at Catskills lodging
- All-Inclusive Family Vacation Special at Pollace's Resort. Package is available August 19-24 and includes five nights' accommodations, 15 meals, tournaments, a magic show, rock climbing wall, karaoke and more. Rates start at $619 per adult and $159 per child, based on double occupancy.
- Hunter Mountain Celtic Festival Weekend at Gavin's Irish Country Inn. Package is available August 17-20 and includes one night's accommodations, meals, activities, vouchers for Celtic Festival events and live entertainment. Rates start at $359 per adult and $59 per child.
- Hiking Package at the Kaatskill Mountain Club. Package includes overnight accommodations, hiking itinerary, gas card and a souvenir pack with snacks and beverages. Rates start at $89 per person, per night.
- Romantic Weekday Getaway at Scribner Hollow Lodge. Package includes two nights' accommodations, a complimentary bottle of champagne, a local cheese platter, homemade chocolates, a four-course dinner and a full breakfast. Rates start at $230 per person.
This summer, awaken to adventure and experience a classic Catskill summer vacation at one of the region's famous all-inclusive resorts, family friendly campgrounds or historic hotels. From wilderness camping experiences, to campgrounds with family amenities, enjoy endless Catskill outdoor activities
. With more than 1,000 designated campsites, you can plan in advance or on the fly and spend the night under a canopy of stars.
Discover more of the Great Northern Catskill's lodging packages and start planning your trip at http://www.greatnortherncatskills.com/
About Greene County:
is located in the Great Northern Catskill Mountains and the verdant Hudson River Valley. The region is home to five of the 10 highest Catskill Peaks and the Catskill State Park. Greene County is renowned as the home of Thomas Cole's Hudson River School and the inspiration for Washington Irving's literary legend, Rip Van Winkle
, and was named in honor of American Revolutionary War General Nathanael Greene. This 705,500 acre wilderness offers abundant year-round outdoor recreation and unique cultural events. Learn more about Catskills packages and summer events at http://www.greatnortherncatskills.com/?utm_source=prweb&utm_medium=press-release&utm_content=summer-events-calendar-announced&utm_campaign=2012