2-for-1 Tickets Available to 19 of New York City's Most Popular Broadway Shows September 2-15
American Express Offers Behind-the-Scenes Look at Professionals Who Bring Broadway to Life
New York, N.Y.
- NYC & Company, New York City's official marketing, tourism and partnership organization, announced that Broadway Week Fall 2013 2-for-1 theater tickets are on sale today. Theatergoers can purchase 2-for-1 tickets to 19 popular Broadway shows from September 2 to 15. This season American Express will also provide the ultimate behind-the-scenes look at theater professionals who produce and manage the sound, stage and casts of Broadway shows. Broadway Week gives visitors and New Yorkers a chance to experience one of the most iconic attractions in New York City at a savings. Tickets can be purchased at nycgo.com/broadwayweek
"Nothing says New York City like Broadway," said George Fertitta, CEO of NYC & Company. "Each year millions of New Yorkers and tourists visit Broadway to experience the unmatched creativity and talent that define our theaters. Through NYC & Company's Broadway Week's 2-for-1 ticket promotion, we are giving everyone the opportunity to enjoy some of the best theater in the world at an affordable price."
"Broadway contributes more than $11 billion to the economy of New York City on top of ticket sales and supports 86,000 local jobs. NYC & Company's innovative 2-for-1 programs benefit the City, the industry and, of course, the consumer," said Charlotte St. Martin, Executive Director of The Broadway League. "Broadway Week has become a much-anticipated fall tradition for everyone."
Through NYC & Company's Broadway Week promotion, more than 300,000 2-for-1 theater tickets have been sold. New Broadway Week participants this fall include the award-winning shows The Trip to Bountiful and Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella as well as the highly anticipated productions of Big Fish and Romeo and Juliet.
Shows participating in Broadway Week Fall 2013:*
- Big Fish
- First Date
- Forever Tango
- The Glass Menagerie
- Jersey Boys
- The Lion King
- Mamma Mia!
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Rock of Ages
- Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella
- Romeo and Juliet
- Soul Doctor
- Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark
- The Trip to Bountiful
*Subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply.
For the fall 2013 promotion, longtime NYC & Company partner American Express presents "Inside Broadway," offering Cardmembers and theater enthusiasts a behind-the-scenes look at some of the professionals who are intricately involved in bringing Broadway to life. The series of interviews include original photography along with insider tips on how audiences can enjoy Broadway-and New York City-to the fullest. The interviews are posted on nycgo.com/broadwayweek
- Matthew DiCarlo, production stage manager for Rock of Ages
- Brian Ronan, sound designer for Annie
- Duncan Stewart, casting director for Chicago
- Anna Louizos, set designer for Cinderella
In addition, consumers can enter the Official Broadway Week Sweepstakes, powered by Audience Rewards, for the opportunity to win dinner at Barbetta and tickets to a Broadway show of their choice for the winner and five friends. Audience Rewards members can also take advantage of earning 100 Amtrak Guest Reward points per Broadway Week ticket purchased during the promotion.
Broadway Week is produced by NYC & Company in partnership with The Broadway League, American Express, AARP, Amtrak and NBC 4 New York. The campaign is supported by an estimated $1.2 million in media value, including promotional support from partners, bus stop shelters, street pole banners, taxi videos, and print and digital advertising.
To enter the Official Broadway Week Sweepstakes and to purchase 2-for-1 Broadway Week tickets, visit www.nycgo.com/broadwayweek
About NYC & Company:
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. For more information, visit nycgo.com