New events and activities for families and grown-ups too
Lake Placid, N.Y. -
annual Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll is fast approaching, December 6 - 8, 2013. At a time when many flock to the "big box" stores, Lake Placid is prepped and ready to open its village doors for a festive weekend of boutique village shopping, fun family events, arts and entertainment in an authentic winter wonderland.
New events and activities this year include:
- The Nutcracker Ballet at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts
- New children's crafts, including ornament making
- Super Sunday at Whiteface Mountain
- Skating Show at the Olympic Center
From artist exhibitions to children's activities and special events to partake in, the Holiday Stroll is designed with families and couples in mind. Highlights from the weekend include:
- The Jingle Bell 5K Walk/Run benefitting Adirondack Health's "Fit for Life"
- Traditional Yule Log hunt and Christmas tree lighting on the shores of Mirror Lake
- Free showings of The Polar Express at the nostalgic Palace Theatre
- Free holiday story time, craft making, and candy house making
- Free wine tastings, gift wrapping and local store promotions
- The arrival of Santa via fire truck on Main Street
Numerous Lake Placid hotels are offering festive packages to complement the weekend-long event for travelers looking to enjoy the holiday season affordably.
Ø Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort -
For just $179 per night, enjoy deluxe village side accommodations, $50 in holiday shopping dollars, a holiday welcome bag, and breakfast Sunday morning at Generations Restaurant along with candy house making. Kids 12 and under stay free.
Ø High Peaks Resort
- Starting at $199 per night, the Holiday Village Stroll package includes two nights of luxury accommodations and $50 in holiday shopping dollars.
Ø The Pines Inn
- Choose from the Couples Only Package starting at $129 per night, including a two night stay, bottle of wine, and coffee and muffins delivered in room, or the Family Package for a family of four at $119 per night. Both packages offer a holiday welcome bag.
Ø Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa
- Starting at $470 per night, the Holiday Village Stroll Package includes deluxe accommodations in a Classic room for a family of four, hearty Adirondack breakfast, $50 in holiday shopping dollars, and holiday story time and crafts. Add the Santa turndown service for only $15 to enjoy a "night cap" of cookies and milk with Santa himself.
Ø Northwoods Inn -
With rates starting at $210, the Holiday Stroll Package includes two nights of accommodations, breakfast for two each morning, admission to the art reception at the Cabin Gallery, $20 in holiday shopping dollars, and live entertainment and drink coupons at Delta Blue.
Ø Wildwood on the Lake
- At $199 per night, the Holiday Village Stroll Package includes two night's accommodations, a welcome box of chocolates and an undecorated locally-grown evergreen wreath to get you in the spirit. Hot chocolate and cookies served in lobby daily.
Ø Best Western Adirondack Inn -
For $139 per night, two adults can enjoy lodging accommodations, $20 in holiday shopping dollars, and a hot breakfast buffet each morning.
For more information, visit www.lakeplacid.com/holidays
or visit the Holiday Village Stroll Facebook Page