Greene County, N.Y.
- Experience the adventure and natural beauty of the Great Northern Catskills of Greene County with the Adventure Passport Contest
, offering daring exploration, excitement and the chance to win adventure-themed prizes to the Catskills' top attractions.
Start your adventure today and visit passport.GreatNorthernCatskills.com/contest
for information. Download or pick up a Passport Brochure at the Greene County Visitors' Center, as well as area lodging properties, for detailed contest information. Travel to each of the 14 participating attractions and snap at least one photo with friends and family, and at least three of the scenery. Once you or your group has collected four photos of your adventurous exploits, log on to passport.GreatNorthernCatskills.com/contest to upload your photos, and enter for a chance to win exciting prizes. The grand prize winner will win an adventurous getaway to one of four participating resorts.
Additional prizes include tickets to top attractions, a mountain bike, golf passes and more. The contest will be open to residents of the United States and Canada through October 13. Prize winners will be notified via email or by phone.
Catskills' Adventure Passport Contest participating attractions include:
- Hunter Mountain SkyRide
- New York Zipline Adventure Tour
- Windham Mountain Adventure Park
- Catskill Mountain House Site
- Bottom of Kaaterskill Falls
- Thomas Cole National Historic Site
- Zoom Flume Water Park
- Bronck Museum
- And other locations
The grand prize is a Catskills Mountain getaway in any season and the winner will have four options:
Additional Catskills Adventure Passport Contest Prizes include:
- Summer at Sunny Hill Resort - Win 4 night/5 day stay at Sunny Hill Resort including 18-hole round of golf for 4 with clubs and cart rental at Sunny Hill Golf Course and four passes to the Zoom Flume Water Park.
- Fall Weekend at Christman's Windham House Country Inn and Golf Resort Win a weekend stay at Christman's Windham House Country Inn with meals and a full golf package including a lesson, 18-hole round of golf, club and cart rental, and a 2-hour Hudson River sailing charter for 4 with Sunny Sail Charters.
- Winter at Hunter Mountain Win 4 night/5 day stay at Kaatskill Mountain Club with meals, includes 2-hour snowtubing passes for 4 at Hunter Mountain, plus day lift ticket passes to Hunter for 4, including rentals.
- Memorial Day Weekend at Villa Vosilla Boutique Resort Win a weekend stay (5/23/2014 - 5/26/2014) for a family of 4, 2 adults/2 children (to be booked by December 31, 2013). Includes 3 meals/day, a gift certificate from Zipline Adventure Tours for 4 Mid-Mountain Tours, and a gift certificate for a 4-hour canoe/kayak rental for up to 4 people from Riverview Marina.
- 1 night stay for two, including breakfast and a round of golf, at Blackhead Mountain Lodge & CC
- 1 night stay for two, including dinner, at Bavarian Manor Country Inn
- 1 night stay for two in the Master Suite, with breakfast, at Brookside Bed and Breakfast
- 2 tickets to the Thomas Cole National Historic Site
- $25 gift certificate to Paddlehead Boards
- Gift certificate for a 4-hour canoe/kayak rental for up to 6 people at the Riverview Marina
- 2014 Rip Van Winkle Golf Trail pass for two
- 1 mountain bike from Windham Mountain Outfitters
- Family Four Pack to Windham Mountain Adventure Park
Sign up for your free Catskills Adventure Passport at passport.GreatNorthernCatskills.com and Awaken to Adventure today!
About Greene County:
is located in the Great Northern Catskill Mountains and the verdant Hudson River Valley. The region is home to five of the 10 highest Catskill Peaks and the Catskill State Park and is known as the nation's first wilderness. Greene County is renowned as the home of Thomas Cole's Hudson River School and the inspiration for Washington Irving's literary legend, Rip Van Winkle, and was named in honor of American Revolutionary War General Nathanael Greene. This 705,500 acre wilderness offers diverse year-round outdoor recreation and celebrated cultural events. Find more Catskills packages at www.GreatNorthernCatskills.com.