Find the Highest-Rated Outfitters in the Adirondack Region for Whitewater Rafting
- The Adirondack Region of Northern New York is home to some of the most intense whitewater in the country - and the spring thaw marks the beginning of "big water" season, offering thrilling rafting expeditions on the Hudson River's Class IV and V rapids.
Book an Adirondack whitewater rafting trip for early spring to experience challenging big water when rapids become intensified by melting snow and ice, creating Class IV and V rapids that can last through mid-June. By early summer, the river calms, providing ideal conditions for families and groups with children.
Check out these top rated* Adirondack guide services for a Hudson River whitewater rafting adventure: *Ratings sourced from TripAdvisor
Rated 5 out of 5 - Adventure Sports Rafting Company
out of Indian Lake brings more than 25 years of experience to the Hudson River, offering exciting whitewater rafting trips and the best safety record in the New York whitewater industry. All rafting guides are licensed in New York State, and are First Aid and CPR Certified. Group discounts are available, and there is a $15 wetsuit rental fee.
- Average cost per person: $80. Includes transportation to and from the river, lunch, snacks and beverages, as well as all necessary safety equipment including helmets and lifejackets.
- Differentiators: Located within minutes of the raft put-in for the Hudson River, so rafters arrive ahead of other companies.
Rated 5 out of 5 - North Creek Rafting Company
out of North Creek boasts talented guides with navigational savvy, top of the line equipment and organized lunches for rafters - just a few of the reasons why they've received nothing but praise for their expeditions down the Hudson.
- Average cost per person: $85. Includes wetsuits, splash jacket, booties and gloves (April only) and lunch.
- Differentiators: Guests ages 6-17 pay $75/pp and groups of eight or more receive additional discounts.
Rated 4.5 out of 5 - Beaverbrook Outfitters
in the Lake George Region is the number one attraction in Wevertown, earning high marks for their experienced and professional guides. Renowned for friendliness and attention to detail, Beaverbrook is one of the top whitewater rafting companies operating on the Hudson River. (Special rates of $69/pp are offered on Memorial Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day).
- Average cost per person: $85. Includes wetsuits, lunch and dinner.
- Differentiators: Every eighth guest rafts free. Group and family discounts available.
Also based out of North Creek, Square Eddy Expeditions boasts an excellent TripAdvisor rating for their whitewater rafting expeditions on the Hudson River throughout the big water, summer and fall rafting seasons.
VisitAdirondacks.com offers more tips on when to book a whitewater rafting trip on the Hudson River
, what to bring, and how to choose an outfitter. Find nearby lodging and campgrounds, as well as attractions and places to dine at visitadirondacks.com, on Twitter @VisitAdks, at Facebook.com/VisitAdirondacks and on Instagram @visitadks.
About the Adirondacks:
The Adirondack Region, home to the six-million-acre park, offers limitless recreation amid 2,000 miles of hiking trails and 3,000 lakes and ponds. Part of the largest temperate forest in the world, the Adirondacks are also home to 103 towns and villages. Search Adirondack events, attractions and Adirondack vacation packages at VisitAdirondacks.com.