Taste at 10 wineries each weekend April 4-6 & 11-13
Niagara County, NY
- During the weekends of April 4-6 and 11-13, the wineries along the Niagara Wine Trail will participate in their annual wine and local food-pairing event, Taste of the Trail. The popularity of this event has lead to its expansion over two weekends.
The concept of Taste of the Trail is to educate how wine can easily pair with each part of your meal. A sample from a local food vendor, or the winery's own favorite pairing, will be given at each location with a taste of three wines.
Because the event spans two weekends, half of the trail member wineries will participate during each weekend. This allows attendees to take advantage of visiting wineries they may not have had the chance to visit yet, and have the opportunity to visit more than just a few wineries in one day. The dates for each participating winery and some featured parings are listed below:
April 4-6 Participating Wineries:
April 11-13 Participating Wineries:
- BlackBird Cider Works
- Black Willow Winery
- Chateau Niagara Winery - A pasta sampler paired with their new release "Bliss" wine (blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay)
- Lake Ontario Winery - Semi Dry Riesling paired with baguette bread topped with homemade mozzarella & drizzled with a mild olive oil and cinnamon pear balsamic vinegar
- Leonard Oakes Estate Winery
- Schulze Vineyards
- Schwenk Wine Cellars
- Spring Lake Winery - Bruschetta Italiano paired with Zinfandel and White Merlot
- Vizcarra Vineyards - Mini cupcakes paired with Becker Blue blueberry wine: Blushing peach melba mini cupcake with a vanilla bean buttercream; Peach cake, accented with black raspberry and vanilla bean, vanilla bean buttercream and cobbler garnish.
- The Winery at Marjim Manor - Pizza Fondue paired with choice of dry, medium, or sweet wine: True Blue or Legacy (dry), Sophia's Sunrise (medium), Blue Beryl (sweet)
- A Gust of Sun Winery - Creamy, vegetarian carrot soup, infused with Sweet Westies White wine
- Arrowhead Spring Vineyards
- Eveningside Vineyards - Chocolate Brownies paired with red wines
- Flight of Five Winery - Lock 68 wine paired with Pesto Chicken Sliders (a vegetarian option will be available)
- Freedom Run Winery
- Honeymoon Trail Winery
- Long Cliff Winery - Pinot Noir paired with a mixed vegetable side dish from Garlock's Restaurant, Lockport
- Midnight Run Wine Cellars - Coconut curry chicken paired with Riesling
- Niagara Landing Wine Cellars - Assorted artisan and stuffed breads with a variety of dips that pair with any of our wines
- Victorianbourg Wine Estate
Tickets include the food sample, a tasting of three wines, and a commemorative wine glass from the first winery. Attendees are encouraged to purchase tickets online in advance for this event. The Single Weekend price will be $20 advance or $25 at the door, and the Two Weekends price will be $35 advance or $40 at the door during the first weekend. Advance ticket sales end online at 9PM Thursday, April 3 for the first weekend, and on April 10 at 9PM for the second weekend. Tickets do not include transportation, and are valid all three days of the event so attendees may visit a few wineries each day, if they choose. The event runs each weekend Noon-5pm on Friday and Sunday, and from 10am-5pm on Saturday.
A complete list of parings, along with more information about the twenty wineries that make up the Niagara Wine Trail may be found online athttp://www.niagarawinetrail.org.
716.812.4866 / firstname.lastname@example.org