Washington County, N.Y. - While much of our nation's land continues to be covered by blacktop and building complexes, Washington County celebrates its farmland and rural homesteads. Visitors and residents drive through our county and see the land where their foods are being produced. Many buildings that have long supported our rural lifestyle stand as monuments to this agricultural heritage. Entrant's original artwork may include early barns, outbuildings, farmhouses, stores, or other structures which have long been used while working the Washington County land. These buildings might be standing as erected by our ancestors, be a family example lost to time or a treasure saved and adapted for a new use.
Three age divisions:
(ages as of January 1, 2017)
Division I: Ages 7 - 10
Division II: Ages 11 - 14
Division III: Ages 15 - 18
- One entry per person.
- Size must be no larger than 12"x18".
- Mediums can be paint, charcoal, pencil, crayon or marker.
- Entries to arrive at the Washington County Fairgrounds by May 26, 2017
- Entries being dropped off must be done during business hours 8am - 4 pm.
- Label the back of your artwork with your name, age, address & phone number.
- A complete entry form that includes a short paragraph describing your artwork & what you learned must accompany your entry.
- All entries will be exhibited in a public art show at The Washington County Fair Farm Museum on Saturday, June 3, 2017 when winners will be announced.
- Winning entries will be displayed at the museum through October.
- Washington County Fair reserves the right to reproduce all artwork.
Prizes to be awarded in each division:
1st Place: $25, 2 - one day Fair Passes, Carnival Ride tickets, tote bag
2nd Place: 2 - one day Fair Passes, Carnival Ride tickets, tote bag
3rd Place: Carnival Ride tickets, tote bag
Honorable Mention: Cinch tote bag