125,000 Copies to Be Distributed
Albany, N.Y. - The 2010 official Albany Visitors Guide, produced by the Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACCVB), "continues to celebrate and articulate the Capital City's new brand developed in 2009: ALBANY - An Amazing Discovery," said Michele Vennard, ACCVB president and CEO. The 2010 Guide will continue to be a glossy, full= color, magazine format with editorial emphasis on those places and events that are "only in Albany" experiences. In addition to the print guide, for the first time, an interactive Online Guide will be introduced. "The new Online Guide, which carries the same visual impact as the print guide, is a tremendous opportunity for visitors and residents alike to quickly access information about Albany's many attributes in an easily manageable and portable format," Ms. Vennard said. The Online Guide Features:
- Flash technology to bring life and interactivity to the guide
- Virtual page-turning to read like a magazine
- Table of contents for quick jump to a section
- A zoom option to select an area to look at closer
- Easily downloadable information and print function
- Active advertiser links for easy click-throughs to advertiser websites
- Editorial content available in over 35 languages
- Searchable content
- About. This section tells the story of business and community services, with maps and editorial on the Capital Region. Meet. This area includes information about planning a meeting, potential sites and special details for those planning weddings.
- Play. This portion features the annual events calendar, information about arts and entertainment, attractions, shopping, sports and recreation, and tours and sightseeing.
- Stay. This section offers detailed information area about accommodations, restaurants and transportation.