- The Adirondacks Tug Hill Region in the western Adirondacks produces the highest volume of maple syrup in the state. Participating in both Maple Weekends, Swiss'er Sweet Maple in Castorland will offer guided tours of the farm's extensive tap system, as well as insight into the "tree-to-table" maple syrup production process. Nearby, Moser's Maple in Croghan marks its' first year participating in Maple Weekends with candy making, horse-drawn hayrides and a woodland walk along the farm's sugaring operation, March 22 and 29.
- The Adirondack Lakes Region's Moon Valley Maple is located right on the slopes at ski resort Titus Mountain in Malone, and 2014 marks its second year of maple syrup production. Guests can enjoy a waffle breakfast with homemade syrup in between runs on Titus Mountain throughout March. In Tupper Lake, The Wild Center will celebrate "All Maple Day" on March 22 with maple stories, crafts, tastings and more.
- In the Lake Placid Region's own backyard, some of the maple syruping world's foremost experts can be found at Cornell University's Uihlein Sugar Maple Research and Extension Field Station on Bear Cub Road. Tour through the entire maple syrup process, beginning in the sugar bush and ending in the sugar house to learn about new tree-tapping techniques that revolutionizing maple syrup production in the area. Guests will also learn about ongoing research into walnut and birch syrup production during both weekends.
- The Lake George Region's Toad Hill Maple Farm in Thurman is the largest producer of maple syrup in Warren County. Open for both Maple Weekends, enjoy maple candy samples, hay wagon rides around the farm, tours of the sugar shack and more.
- At the Adirondack Coast's 1812 Homestead Farm & Museum in Willsboro, visitors can learn about maple syrup production techniques that have been used for generations. On March 29, visit the sugarhouse, collect sap the old-fashioned way and purchase maple goods at the gift shop.
- The Adirondack Wild's McComb's Oak Hill Farm in Speculator will offer sap boiling and tree tapping demonstrations during both weekends.
- Along the Adirondack Seaway, Parker Maple Farm in Canton will be open March 22-23, offering tours of the sugar house, boiling demonstrations, maple confection samples and more.
###Contact: Rebecca Steffan (518) 523-9258 email@example.com