- Dynamite Hill Recreation Center in Chestertown is perfect for beginner skiers - and it's FREE! Night skiing and sledding on the toboggan hill available too.
- Snow Ridge in Turin boasts the heaviest snowfall in the east. Scheduled to open Christmas Day, lift tickets cost between $5 and $37. Snow Ridge offers seven lifts, 22 trails, a ski school, rental shop, restaurant and lounge.
- Beartown Mountain in Beekmantown is a great mountain for travelers coming into the area from Canada. Tentatively scheduled to open Dec. 26th, lift tickets cost $18 for a non-member, adult full-day pass. For more information on Adirondack cross-country skiing and downhill options, log onto skibeartown.com.
- West Mountain in Queensbury will celebrate its 50th anniversary this year. VisitLakeGeorge.com has a full list of information on the ski and snowboard school, rentals, tubing schedule and more.
- At Oak Mountain in Speculator, snowmaking is underway way on the 14 trails. Open Thursday-Sunday, the ski center also offers tubing Friday through Sunday. Lift tickets cost $32 for adults, $22 for juniors (ages 6-12) and kids under 5 ski free when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Group rates and special discounts available.
- Mt. Pisgah in Saranac Lake is a classic small mountain family ski resort. Its five trails are groomed for beginner to intermediate skiers. Lift tickets are $15-$20 per person. Night skiing and tubing also available.
- Whiteface Mountain near Lake Placid, and Gore Mountain in North Creek have initiated the Empire, Student and Snowball cards so that families can save on ski passes all winter long. Separate cards for different age groups offer card carriers their first day of skiing free, and $15 off each subsequent visit to Whiteface. After five visits, the sixth day is free. Additional perks and benefits apply.
###CONTACT: Rebecca Steffan (518) 523-9258 Rebecca@Inphorminc.com VisitAdirondacks.com