Adirondacks Region, N.Y. - Following its July 11-13 production of "Cabaret on Gore Mountain"-which includes a gondola ride to the top of the mountain and complimentary champagne toast prior to the show-the Adirondack Summer Playhouse continues its season with performances throughout the region. Offerings are:
- "Shrek The Musical." Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks film that started it all, "Shrek the Musical" brings the hilarious story of everyone's favorite ogre to dazzling new life on the stage. The story is part romance, part twisted fairy tale and all irreverent fun.
- Shakespeare in the Adirondack Park - "Macbeth." In this hour-long outdoor adaptation of Shakespeare's classic thriller, six performers play all the roles, blending inventive physicality, evocative design and original text to create a mesmerizing and chilling tale of greed and ambition. The production is set in a 20th-century militaristic society, making it accessible to all. Free admission.
- "Mamma Mia Film Experience." The classic movie musical comes to life with live performers and full-on audience participation. Join special guest performers as they sing and dance to the music of ABBA in front of the film. Audience participation kits will be sold at the door. Bring your dancing shoes!
- "Beatles Cabaret." Join the Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts in a musical exploration of the Beatles. The production will feature both nontraditional arrangements and arrangements that pay homage to the quintessential Beatles recordings.
- "Songs for a New World." Travel from the deck of a 1492 Spanish sailing ship to a ledge 57 stories above Fifth Avenue to meet a startling array of characters, ranging from a young man who has determined that basketball is his ticket out of the ghetto to a woman whose dream of marrying rich nabs her the man of her dreams and a soulless marriage. The score runs the gamut of today's popular music.
###Contact: Sandi Mulconry Group M Communications 315-685-9363 /email@example.com