Pittsford, N.Y. - Destination on the Left (DOTL), the travel and tourism podcast by Rochester-based marketing and communications agency Break the Ice Media (BTI), is hosting a virtual three-day summit April 1-3, 2020. DOTL's Virtual Summit is a free, online conference for tourism marketers to learn about the revolutionary changes that are driving the future of the travel and tourism industry.
The theme of the virtual summit is Tourism Marketing Revolution with 12 presentations focused around three specific topics: Digital Marketing, Travel Trade Marketing and Niche Marketing. Summit presenters are experts in these areas, many of which have been past guests on BTI's Destination on the Left podcast, and will provide tactics, strategies and tools to stay ahead of the tourism marketing curve. Attendees can expect relevant advice and insights with some presentations speaking directly to marketing during and after a pandemic.
Summit participants can attend from the comfort of their own home or office, with each presentation going live at their scheduled time slot. These 20-minute pre-recorded videos offer a variety of slides, voice and video followed by a 10-minute live Q&A session. Worksheets from each presentation will be available to download for free to assist participants with taking action on the valuable content presented, and each presentation will be available to view on-demand for 30 days following its release.
All summit attendees also have access to a private Facebook group where they can connect with one another and the presenters throughout the summit. This forum is meant for participants to ask questions and share ideas among peers and colleagues.
"Our three-day summit is filled with valuable content that will help you dive deeper into digital marketing tactics, immerse yourself in travel trade marketing, and learn how to carve out niche tourism programs to set yourself up for success in 2020 and beyond," said Nicole Mahoney, CEO of Break the Ice Media and host of Destination on the Left. "Now more than ever, we need to be adaptable and creative in our marketing."
The schedule for Destination on the Left Virtual Summit Tourism Marketing Revolution is as follows:
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
• Jennifer Barbee, Destination Innovate: "Destination Marketing: Strategies for Getting Through a Pandemic"
• Dan Janes, Madden Media: "Responsible Marketing"
• Adena Miller, Break the Ice Media: "Webinar Best Practices for Tourism Businesses"
Thursday, April 2, 2020
• Sally Berry, Bristol Creek Tourism Consulting: "5 Steps to Get More Group Tours"
• Rhonda Vaccaro, Break the Ice Media: "Getting Your Business Group Ready"
• Rose Hapanowich, DestinyUSA: "Travel Trade Show Marketing Insights"
• Rainer Jens, Family Travel Association: "Focus on Family Travel"
• Jesse Aujla, Groupstr: "Using Technology for Increasing Tour Operator Efficiency & Profit"
Friday, April 3, 2020
• Erik Wolf, World Food Travel Association: "Food Tourism Marketing in a Post-Pandemic Era"
• Glenn Clark, Crafting a Brand: "Creating an Unforgettable Brand for your Tourism or Craft Beverage Destination"
• Josiah Brown, The New York Sherpa: "Consumer First Marketing for Tourism"
• Andria Godfrey, ADARA: "Post-pandemic Marketing: Trends to Watch & Surviving in a Cookie-less Society"
More information about Destination on the Left Virtual Summit Tourism Marketing Revolution, as well as free registration is available here: breaktheicemedia.com/podcast/summit/.
This is the second Destination on the Left Virtual Summit. The first was held December 9-11, 2019 with a total of 1,478 presentation views.
About Break The Ice Media
Break the Ice Media is a Finger Lakes / Rochester, NY based marketing firm with a strategic approach to content marketing that includes public relations, social media marketing, digital advertising, video marketing, search engine optimization and more. Current clients are local and regional destinations, attractions, accommodations, craft beverage producers and restaurants, including the Finger Lakes Vacation Region, The Haunted History Trail of New York State, Casa Larga Vineyards, New York State Brewer's Association and Travel Alliance Partners. Our single focus on destination marketing and tourism marketing allows us to go deeper and deliver maximum results.
Break the Ice Media is a certified woman-owned business.