Callicoon Center, N.Y. - Callicoon Hills – the hotel celebrating all that nature has to offer in the Catskills, New York – debuts new amenities, including eleven A-frame glamping cabins with a dedicated bathhouse, a fully outfitted indoor-outdoor gym and yoga deck, Scandinavian saunas in a picturesque setting, and a retrofitted Citroen van cocktail bar at the Pool, in addition to re-concepted grounds.
With access to hiking, swimming, fishing and more, the 23 acre, 73-room retreat also offers multiple memorable outdoor communal spaces, with a seasonal pool, patios with fire pits and adirondack chairs, covered porches with rocking chairs, a scenic pond and bustling creek, and so much more. Staying true to the seasons of the bountiful farmlands of Western New York, Callicoon Hills offers a seasonally driven restaurant, Conover Club, and cafe, Rise & Shine Coffee Shop, both open to hotel guests and locals alike.
Callicoon Hills offers summer-friendly amenities including:
- A-Frame Glamping Cabins: (New) The 11 A-frame glamping cabins are outfitted with a bed, side tables, lambs and lounge chairs, leaving space for relaxation and de-compressing. Nestled on a forested ridge overlooking the property with a floor to ceiling windowed wall to provide a lens into nature, the A-Frame cabins can be booked for overnight stays online.
- Gym & Yoga Deck: (New) The new gym offers a seamless blend of indoor and outdoor fitness facilities, equipped with yoga mats, treadmills, Peloton bikes, weights and more. The yoga deck offers sweeping views overlooking the property, with classes or private sessions available for booking.
- Saunas: (New) Callicoon Hills debuts two saunas for hotel guests, nestled high into the hills surrounded by nature, and the perfect sanctuary for relaxation, detoxification and rejuvenation.
- The Pool: The property’s pool is open to hotel guests through Labor Day. Guests can enjoy drinks and bites from the new pool bar, as well as rent the whole space for pool parties, BBQs or other outdoor events.
- The Outdoor Terrace: Open year-round, the Terrace is the perfect space for unwinding with friends and family, playing a board game (the property has a full collection!), enjoying nightly s’mores around personal fire pits, sipping a drink from the Conover Club’s bar, or relaxing with a cup of coffee from Rise & Shine early in the morning.
About Callicoon Hills:
With a long history in the Western Catskills region, Callicoon Hills originally opened as a family boarding house in Callicoon Center in 1905, before being developed into a resort by the Hill family in the 1940s. Over the decades, the property has continued to grow in size and gain family-friendly amenities and activities, until it has become the 73-room property it is today. The property’s three main areas include The Boarding House, The Pool House and The Ridge Rooms. Callicoon Hills is also home to a fully restored 1850s English hay press Barn (perfect for weddings and events), brought to the Catskills from Indiana. With hand-hewn beams, a 40-foot ceiling, and an open cupola that lets in a flood of daylight or a starry night sky, the Barn overlooks the lake at the valley of the mountain and connects to stone pathways that take guests to the nearby creek.