Announcing the 2012 Summer Festival Line-Up for Families in the Great Northern Catskills Greene County, N.Y. - The Great Northern Catskills of Greene County have been a favorite summer destination for two centuries - offering immediate access to nature without leaving civilization too far behind. This summer, find an entire season filled with free events, family-friendly activities and music festivals appropriate for children of all ages. Just two hours north of New York City - enjoy summer in the Catskills and relax in comfort at New York all-inclusive family resorts, offering a tradition that dates back generations. Stay and play at one of the region's affordable resorts and enjoy nightly, on-site entertainment, special Catskills events, meals and so much more for one bundled package price. The Catskills are a perfect one-tank trip for families looking to get away for a weekend, or for an affordable extended vacation that doesn't skimp on value. Play a round of golf in the Catskills at one of nine courses, go hiking or simply enjoy a relaxing afternoon strolling down Main Street. For added fun, check out this summer's line-up of family-friendly festivals, music events and sports races offering unique Catskills entertainment. Summer events in the Catskills, include:
- WDST Mountain Jam Fest VIII - May 31-June 3 at Hunter Mountain. This four-day festival offers an all-star line-up of top performers, including Michael Franti & Spearhead, Steve Winwood, Gov't Mule, The Roots, Ben Folds Five, and many more. Enjoy food, vendors and Awareness Village - providing on-site children's entertainment including music, crafts, movies and arts programs. Camping is available for tents and RVs.
- Durham Balloon Festival - June 16 at The Milk Run in Durham. The 2nd annual festival is scheduled for Father's Day weekend. Enjoy kite flying, field events, vendors, balloon rides and old-fashioned family fun for free.
- Annual Bavarian Summer Fest - June 23-24 at Riedlbauer's Resort in Round Top. Enjoy two days of family fun, authentic German music, food, dancing and more. The event is free and open to all rain or shine.
- I Love Downhill Grand Prix of New York Skateboarding and Streetluge Race - June 23-24 at Windham Mountain. This pro-race will challenge the top skateboard racers in the world over one mile of the most intense technical turns found in the sport. Watch as over 100 racers compete on Windham's Clarence D. Lane Road.
- UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Race - June 29-July 1 at Windham Mountain. The world's best professional mountain bikers will race in a series of three different racing disciplines - cross-country, downhill and 4-cross over two days of events. Community events including amateur races, a block party and concert add to the family-friendly fun.
- Grey Fox Bluegrass Music Festival - July 19-22 at Walsh Farm in Oak Hill. This four-day outdoor festival offers the best in bluegrass, acoustic music, dancing, workshops, family activities, vendors, food and camping. This year's line-up includes a staggering number of bands, including: The Infamous Stringdusters, The Gibson Brothers, Tony Trischka & Territory, and the Punch Brothers. Dance lessons and a jam camp are also offered.
- German Alps Festival - August 11-12, at Hunter Mountain. This two-day German-American festival offers traditional food, music, entertainment and vendors. Children's activities are offered and there will be a fireworks display Saturday night.
- International Celtic Festival - August 18-19 at Hunter Mountain. Enjoy a fantastic array of Irish entertainment. Taste authentic cuisine, experience world-class Irish-American music and enjoy a bagpipe competition, a march of pipers and drummers, as well as fireworks on Saturday night.
- Catskill Spring Fling at the Bavarian Manor in Purling. Package includes two nights' accommodations, a $25 coupon for dining in the Inn's award-winning restaurant for $109 per night, based on double occupancy. Valid through October.
- Midweek Golf Getaway at Blackhead Mountain Lodge & Country Club in Round Top. Package includes overnight accommodations with breakfast, golf and golf cart for $100 per person, based on double occupancy. Valid through July 26, 2012.
- All-inclusive July Family Vacation at Pollace's Resort in Catskills. Enjoy five nights' accommodations, 15 meals, tournaments, a magic show, karaoke, rock climbing, trolley rides and Italian night for the bundled package price of $619 per person based on double occupancy. Valid July 1 - July 6.
CONTACT: Rebecca Steffan email@example.com (518) 523-9258