Diverse and delicious offerings provide the perfect gift for everyone on your list
Watkins Glen, NY – Seneca Lake wineries have a wide variety of wine, experiences, and more, to make gift giving easy this holiday season. Shop local, shop small, and support these local businesses as they continue to weather the pandemic. Here are a few ideas!
Holiday-themed labels are a fun and festive option for your holiday table or to give as the perfect host or hostess gift:
· Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards’ Red and White Cat in their “holiday attire” are a fun take on these popular favorites.
· Glenora Wine Cellars Frosty the Snowman Spumante, Rudolph’s Riesling, or Santa’s Bobsled Red bring seasonal spirit to any celebration.
· Lakewood Vineyards “mini” bottles of Bubbly Candeo make a great addition as a stocking stuffer or in a gift package for your mail person, hair stylist, or delivery driver.
· Wagner Vineyards Blitzen and Vixen, seasonal labels on their popular Alta B Red and White are fun and festive.
Wine, food, and more combine to make fabulous gifts including the following options:
· Castel Grisch Winery has custom-made to order, beautifully arranged gift baskets, overflowing with local items. They’re also offering free delivery within 20 miles of their tasting room, on $50 baskets or wine orders this Friday (12/11) and next (12/18). Give them a call at 607-535-9614 or swing by their tasting room at 3380 County Road 28, just outside of Watkins Glen.
· Bagley’s Poplar Ridge Vineyards is offering a wine and macaron package! They’ll gift wrap 5 bottles of your choice along with a variety pack of 5 macarons, plus you’ll receive 10% off wine and $5 shipping on this package! Give them a call at 607-582-6421 to place you order, or stop by their tasting room at 9782 Route 414 in Hector.
Give the gift of an experience with a reservation or gift card for one of the following immersive tastings:
· Anthony Road Wine Company’s newest tasting flight features their award-winning wines paired with locally-crafted chocolates by CaryMo Chocolate Candies & Confections. These tastings are available Thursday-Monday, give them a call for more information: 315-536-2182.
· Wine and Food Pairing Dinners at Belhurst Estate Winery are multi-course dinners, featuring artfully-prepared dishes, paired with Belhurst wines, and served with personal service and attention, with a wine educator sharing the details of each dish and its accompanying wine. To book yours or make arrangements to give this experience as a gift, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember that Seneca Lake Wine Trail wineries remain safe, compliant, and open for business. With tourism slowing down substantially during the winter, this is the perfect time for locals to check out the wonderful wineries in their back yard. For more information on winery hours of operation, tasting policies, and more, please visit: www.senecalakewine.com and click on “Current Winery Offerings” or call the Wine Trail Office at 607-535-8080 for expert planning assistance.
Founded in 1986, the Seneca Lake Winery Association, known publicly as the Seneca Lake Wine Trail, is a nonprofit organization, dedicated to promoting its member wineries; to developing a spirit of cooperation between members of the association; to developing an outstanding wine producing and tourism area; to stimulating interest in wine in general and the wines of Seneca Lake, specifically; and to gaining recognition of the Seneca Lake Winery Association as an independent leader in the grape growing, wine, and tourism initiatives.
Contact: Brittany Gibson, Executive Director
Seneca Lake Wine Trail