Albany, N.Y. -- It's time to celebrate love and we invite you do it in Albany, New York! Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of Albany's many gourmet restaurants, catch a V-Day themed show, or go to a museum?! Kick-off Valentine's Day early this year, for love is in the air at the Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center. Enjoy the new exhibit, Merging the Love of Art with the Love of Albany, which includes photographs of initials carved into trees, photographs of hearts in nature, love letters, interesting partnerships, wire mesh sculptures of couples, and a whole lot more. Stop by for the opening night reception on February 4th from 5-7pm, during 1st Friday. Then, on Saturday, February 5th, enjoy a sneak peek of spring at the Albany Institute of History & Art's Amaryllis Festival. Friday, February 11th, delight in a night of romance, dinner, and dancing, in the Grand Ballroom, at the Polish Community Center. On Saturday February 12th, take your sweetheart out for a night of laughs at the Palace Theatre's annual Valentine's Comedy Show, The Laugh Staff. February 13th, at The Egg Performing Arts Center, fall in love all over again to the sweet sounds of Jane Monheit, when today's most romantic jazz vocalist returns for her annual Valentine's concert. For some V-Day themed fun with your children, on February 5th at 10am, hoot, chirp, or sing your way to the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center. This Pine Bush program will explore the showy, silly, and serious world of animal courtship. Play games, compose music, and create nature valentines with the ones you love. Then, on Sunday, February 13th at 11am, bring the kids to The Children's Museum of Science and Technology (CMOST) for Love Bugs. Kids will love listening to the story I Love Bugs, by Philemon Sturges, followed by crafts, and a meet and greet with CMOST's resident bugs! On February 14th - Valentine's Day, enjoy dinner and a show. When you think of Valentine's Day few things are more fitting than the classic love flick, Dirty Dancing, presented by the Palace Theatre at 7:00pm. Before the movie enjoy a delicious Valentine's evening meal at one of Albany's fine restaurants. Savor the selections from Jack's Oyster House's special Valentine's Day Menu, or enjoy a romantic dinner Angelo's 677 Prime, Blu Stone Bistro, La Serre, or the Wine Bar and Bistro on Lark. Also, Ten Broeck Mansion is offering a historic Valentine's Evening in the elegant rooms of Abraham Ten Broeck's, 1798 mansion, complete with a mouthwatering six-course dinner. Don't forget to pick up a gift from Stuyvesant Plaza, and local wine at Altamont Vineyards or Goold Orchard's Brookview Station Winery. For a lush and fragrant bouquet of flowers, visit Danker Florist. Looking for a romantic overnight getaway or perhaps a staycation? Take advantage of one of the many Albany Valentine's Day Getaway Packages. For hotel package reservations, restrictions, and details visit www.albany.org and click on Getaways! For more information on Albany Valentine's Day Events call the Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-258-3582, or visit www.albany.org. Albany, An Amazing Discovery!
- Valentine's Package at the Albany Marriott for $179/night. The Valentine's Package includes: deluxe room, bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries upon arrival, three-course dinner in The Market Restaurant, live entertainment, breakfast for two, and late check-out of 2pm. http://www.albanymarriott.com/
- The Desmond Hotel and Conference Center is offering a Romance Package starting at $199/night including deluxe accommodations, a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and an exclusive Desmond Valentine's Day coupon valued at $70 towards purchase of food and beverage at the hotel. http://www.desmondhotels.com/
- Enjoy the Art of Love Package at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Latham for $189/night. The package includes: one night in a deluxe room, complimentary champagne, gourmet truffles, gorgeous long stemmed roses, hot buffet breakfast, late check-out, and a romantic dinner for two in the gazebo room with live music and the special Valentine's Dinner Menu. http://www.hielatham.com/
- Old Spice up your weekend at the Holiday Inn Express, Albany University Area for $139.95/night. Maybe you can't spend Valentine's Day with the Old Spice Guy, but you can spend it with a guy that smells like him! Package includes: bottle of Old Spice Red Zone Body Wash, fake mustache, chocolate dipped fruit, one long stemmed red rose, king room, hot breakfast, and 2pm early check in or 2pm late check-out. Horse not included! www.hiexpress.com/albany-western
- Best Western Albany Airport Inn is offering a Romantic Package at $129.99/night. Package includes: overnight accommodations, dinner for two at the onsite restaurant, chilled champagne and strawberries in your room, and breakfast in bed the next morning. Relax and take a morning dip in the indoor heated pool, as check out has been extended to 2pm. http://www.bwalbanyairport.com/
# # #The Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. was established in 1976 to promote the civic and commercial progress of the community through increased development of conventions and tourism. ACCVB currently represents more than 300 member businesses and assists each year in hundreds of regional meetings. ACCVB also operates the Albany Heritage Area Visitors Center, Henry Hudson Planetarium and the Albany International Airport Information Center. For more information, call 518-434-1217 or 800-258-3582 and/or visit www.albany.org CONTACT: Elizabeth Bovill, Marketing Manager Albany County Convention & Visitors Bureau 518-434-1217 x203, email@example.com