Corning, N.Y. - From Gallery Hunts to Glassbreaking Demos, there's something to keep the entire family happy during Spring Break at The Corning Museum of Glass (March 31 - April 21). Admission to the Museum is free for kids and teens, 19 and under; admission for adults is $15 each. Residents in the 148, 149 and 169 zip codes receive a special resident rate of $6. All activities (except Make Your Own Glass) are free with admission:
- Kid-Friendly Tours Parents and kids can explore the Museum's collection with family-friendly tours of objects. Hidden Treasures Tours start at 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. daily during Spring Break. Kids also can explore the collection with the Museum's Mobile App by renting an iPod Touch at the Admissions Desk or downloading the app from iTunes or the Android Market (now Google Play). The family-friendly version of the Mobile App talks about objects in a fun, easy-to-understand way.
- Garden Gallery Hunt Kids can explore the galleries and find glass objects inspired by spring to create their own glass bouquets.
- Glassmaking and Glassbreaking Shows Throughout the day, visitors can learn about the amazing properties of glass at live Hot Glass Shows, and Glassbreaking, Optical Fiber and Flameworking Demos. All shows are included in the price of admission.
- You Design It; We Make It! Children (and adults!) can submit a drawing of something they'd like to see come alive in glass. At select Hot Glass Shows throughout the day, glassmakers will choose a drawing and make that piece from start to finish.
- Colorful Contemporary Glass Exhibitions Pieces by some of the pioneers of the American Studio Glass movement are on display at the Museum, ranging from seemingly "melted" telephones to colorful rainbow-like sculpture.
- Make Your Own Glass During Make Your Own Glass experiences, visitors of all ages can make their own glass souvenirs (additional fee). Advanced registration is recommended (http://reservations.cmog.org/).
###Contact: Yvette Sterbenk Communications Manager (607) 438-5273 firstname.lastname@example.org