Rochester, N.Y. - Ready? ¡Vámanos! Swing into an adventure with Dora and Diego from Nickelodeon's hit preschool series Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go!-along with their friends Boots, Map, Backpack, Isa, Tico, and of course Swiper-at the new exhibit Dora & Diego-Let's Explore! opening at the National Museum of Play Saturday, September 22. (Join the Opening Weekend Fiesta on Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23.) Come along on the adventures of Nickelodeon's seven-year-old Latina heroine Dora and her eight-year-old cousin Diego, a bilingual animal rescuer who protects animals and their environment. Children and families share in active play and problem-solving as they navigate the rainforest worlds of Dora and Diego and discover how to be good friends and care for animals. Spanish vocabulary is incorporated throughout the exhibit to introduce Spanish-speaking skills to preschool children. Children climb, crawl, jump, and learn in playfully engaging environments:
- Pirate Ship: Join the PiratePiggies' crew. Dress like a pirate and pretend sailingthe ship.
- Rainforest Maze: Get active! Swingon monkey bars, crawl through a fallen tree, climb across Jaguar Mountain,and jump or hop across the river rocks. Animal Rescue Center: Be an animal rescuer! Diagnose, bandage, apply cold packs, and "bathe" stuffed animals.
- Tico's Tree: Help Tico gather nuts for a family picnic before Swiper swipes them.
- Isa's Flowery Garden: Play with flowers and interact with bird, butterfly, and insect puppets.
- The Purple Planet: Visit a home on the Purple Planet, climb the stairs on one side and slide down the other.
- Rocket Ship: Put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship, and play a memory game.