Brooklyn, N.Y. - Tickets are now on sale to the "Green Getaways, Local Food & Travel Expo" at Skylight One Hanson, 1 Hanson Place, (former Williamsburg Savings Bank Tower) in Brooklyn from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 30, 2011. Tickets are $10 online at www.escapemaker.com/travelexpo and $12 at the door. Kids 10 and under are free. Check out who else is going to the Expo in this newly released web commercial. Hosted by EscapeMaker.com, a guide to local getaways around New York City since 2000, and presented by Amtrak®, Zipcar®, and I LOVE NY®, the Expo will feature over 60 getaway destinations, from counties to local farms, resorts and bed & breakfasts -- within a day's drive or train ride of New York City.
- Expo attendees will see how destinations and lodgings from Howe Caverns in New York to Woodloch Resort in the Poconos are "going green," and find out what's new in local and sustainable travel. In addition, there will Expo-only escape specials and getaway deals and packages offered by Metro-North and Long Island Railroad.
- Over 50 weekend getaway prizes will be awarded during the Expo (like a 1-night all-inclusive stay at Mohonk Mountain House -left), and the schedule of "edutainment" includes food demos, a hiking and biking workshop by
- In addition to lodgings and destinations, 20 local farms, wineries and regional food producers will offer wine tasting and food samples in a farmer's market set-up; from Katchkie Farm in the Hudson Valley of New York sampling tomato jam to Crowley Cheese in the Okemo Valley of Vermont sampling muffaletta.
- To offset the event's carbon footprint GrowNYC is coordinating recycling efforts, City Harvest will be distributing the food surplus to NYC's hungry and EscapeMaker.com will be purchasing carbon offsets for energy use from Green Mountain Energy and Carbonfund.org.
- Rounding out the day with live music, regional bands like Boston's "Kingsley Flood" and New York's "Pearl & The Beard" will perform.
- "Dutchess" the 300lb 6ft. milkable fake cow will be grazing by the expo. Try your hand at milking a cow in Brooklyn!
###Contact: Gail Donovan P: 718-399-2122 C: 917-301-5706 firstname.lastname@example.org