Albany, N.Y. -- Albany's historic Washington Park is transformed into a world reflecting "The Magic of the Season" for the 14th Annual Hannaford Capital Holiday Lights. This year's winter wonderland of lights is open from Nov. 26 through Jan. 2. Gates open at 6 p.m. daily and remain open until 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Since it began, the show has welcomed more than 1 million visitors to a wondrous world with thousands and thousands of lights. Sponsored by Mayor Gerald D. Jennings and the City of Albany, Albany PAL and presented by Hannaford Supermarkets, this year's show is, of course, magical.
- See Santa on vacation -- playing golf and volleyball, water skiing, and even riding a Harley.
- Watch Santa and his elves at work in Toyland, getting toys ready for good girls and boys.
- Visit with America's heroes -- police, firefighters and others who contribute to the welfare of all.
- Experience a Victorian holiday with shoppers strolling to stores, chestnuts roasting and much more as we travel back in time.
- And, take a trip around the world with the message of Peace given in many languages with a glimpse of how the holidays are celebrated in faraway places.
- On Nov. 23, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., it's time to "Stuff the Albany Trolley" to benefit Albany PAL's Annual Toy Drive. Bring a new, unwrapped toy donation, or make a cash donation, and enjoy the stroll.
- On Nov. 24, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., make a cash donation to help the animals at the Mohawk-Hudson Humane Society and the Animal Protective Foundation. It's "Pets Walk Your Parents Night" at the lights.
- On Jan. 3, from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m., join us for "PAL Packs the Pantry". A monetary donation will benefit local food pantries as you enjoy the very final, walk-only night at the show.