- Three contemporary glass-focused special exhibitions, in addition to the permanent collection showcasing 35 centuries of glass history (all included in Museum admission).
- Tours of the collection with an artist who teaches at The Studio, as well as other guided and self-guided tour options (included in Museum admission).
- Live glass demonstrations: Hot Glass Show glassblowing demonstrations (including a new How'd They Do That? show and The Late Show), Flameworking Demos, Glassbreaking Demos, Optical Fiber Demos (NEW this year!). More than 40 shows and demos are offered each day and all are included in Museum admission.
- Design a piece of glass for the You Design It; We Make It! feature of the Hot Glass Show and see if a gaffer chooses your piece to create.
- Forty-minute Make Your Own Glass workshops, with special contemporary-themed projects, like sandblasted vessels, fused pendants, and blown glass sculpture (projects exist for all ages; additional fee applies; reserve your spot at www.cmog.org
Experience the Voices of Contemporary Glass This Summer at the Corning Museum of Glass
Apr 28, 2009 by I Love New York Staff