Rochester, N.Y. - Fatten up your brain through play with daily activities at Fat Brain School-Break Week at Strong National Museum of Play Saturday, February 13 through Sunday, February 21.Put on your thinking cap and challenge yourself to mind-expanding Fat Brain games and toys such as Twig, Animalogic, and Tri-Spy. Build amazing creations with Dado Cubes-a toy whose invention was inspired by Strong's National Toy Hall of Fame® inductee, the Cardboard Box! More building fun awaits you at the new LEGO® Castle Adventure exhibit. Kids and families can explore a LEGO kingdom and build a castle fit for a king and queen using one of the greatest building materials of all time-LEGO bricks! In the LEGO Castle Adventure exhibit you can:
- Visit the royal castle and see the king and queen's throne, a treasure room, and secret passageways.
- Wander the castle grounds to learn about life in the Middle Ages.
- Dress up in child-sized, medieval-themed costumes.
- Test out your knight skills on a safe "jousting field" with suspender-style horses.
- Construct a brick topiary for the castle courtyard.
- Examine how several real, historic castles were planned and then build a castle of your own at one of three age-appropriate areas for Apprentice Builders (toddlers), Journeymen Builders (ages 3-6), and Master Builders (ages 7 and older).
- Build a virtual fortress wall and test its strength with a LEGO catapult.
- Climb into a lookout tower topped with a mini-figure guard and slide back down to the ground.
- Visit the dragon's lair and create a fantastical story about knights, kings, princesses, and dragons.