The 22 wineries of the Niagara Wine Trail have teamed up with local chocolatiers to pair their wines with decadent chocolates and sweets. Some of the pairings include:
• 810 Meadworks: Strawberry-lavender white & dark chocolate bark paired with Sweet Devotion.
• Arrowhead Spring Vineyards: Chocolate truffles.
• A Gust of Sun Winery: Pairing gourmet chocolates from local chocolatier, Stuffed Chocolates LTD. Stuffed Chocolates LTD makes the chocolates we pair specifically with our wines. Event attendees will receive a sample of chocolate with each of the wines tasted.
• Black Willow Winery: Sea salt toffee pretzel bark paired with wine and meads.
• Chateau Niagara Winery: Raspberry Dark Chocolate Truffles paired with wines.
• Eveningside Vineyards: Milk Chocolate hearts paired with our ACE Red.
• Flight of Five Winery: Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Dip paired with Lock 67 or Lock 70 wines.
• Freedom Run Winery: Tuxedo Brownies paired with with Recioto and Freedom Red.
• Long Cliff Winery & Vineyards: Hand-dipped chocolate covered s'mores, made with our very own Pinot Noir Marshmallows paired perfectly with Pinot Noir.
• Midnight Run Wine Cellars: Samples of Wicked Cherry Cake with Creme
• Salamaca Estate Winery: Milk Chocolates paired with Vignoles white wine.
• Schulze Vineyards & Winery: Hot Fudge European Truffle from Cream and Sugar Cafe in Lockport.
• Schwenk Wine Cellars: Decadent Chocolate sheet cake, made by Partyka Farms from Kendall, NY.
• Spring Lake Winery: Chocolate cabernet and red raspberry chardonnay wine ice cream. Enjoy partner painting at 3pm on Saturday, Feb. 13th. (Advance registration required.)
• The Winery at Marjim Manor: Wines paired with a choice of Chocolate by Just Chocolates (sea salt and toffee, s'mores, orange zest and raspberry royale and more!). Just Chocolates will be on site with samples of their other chocolates and chocolate for sale.
• Victorianbourg Wine Estate: Chocolate mousse paired with our Chocolate Flirtation.
Event tickets are valid all four days of the event which takes place Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM and Sunday Noon - 5 PM. Each ticket includes a wine glass from the starting winery, 3 tastes of wine and a sweet sample at your choice of 10 different wineries. Presale tickets are available for $22 per person at the Niagara Wine Trail Website until 9 PM on Thursday, February 11th. Tickets will be available the days of the event for $27. A valid photo ID with proof of age is required to participate in wine tasting. A complete list of featured pairings may be found on the trail's website events page. Please note that the ticket prices do not include transportation.
The trail strongly recommends advance ticket purchases at the website, and encourages groups to purchase tickets in a single transaction to ensure each participant has the same starting winery. Groups traveling by bus or limo must call and make reservations with each winery on their itinerary in advance of the event. Designated drivers and nondrinker attendees are welcome at the wineries at no charge. Tickets and additional information may be found at www.niagarawinetrail.org/mine-wine/.
Niagara Wine Trail Coordinator