Learn Helpful Insights from Regional Garden Experts! Ticonderoga, N.Y. - The King's Garden at Fort Ticonderoga presents the Second Annual Garden & Landscape Symposium: "Enhancing Life through Gardening" on Saturday, April 13. This day-long symposium, geared for both beginning and experienced gardeners, provides helpful insights from garden experts who live and garden in upstate New York and Vermont. This springtime event takes place in the Deborah Clarke Mars Education Center and is open by pre-registration only. This one-day program focuses on practical, easy-to-implement strategies for expanding and improving your garden or landscape. The programs are offered in an informal setting that encourages interaction between speakers and attendees. Speakers include:
- Anthony DeFranco, from DeFranco Landscaping, on "Stormwater Management and Rain Garden Design"
- Evelyn Hadden, award-winning author, on "Beautiful No-Mow Yards"
- Charlie Harrington, from Harrington's Nursery, on "Simple and Successful Strategies for Starting Plants at Home"
- Charlie Nardozzi, author and public radio gardening expert, on "Eat Your Lawn: Growing Edibles around your Yard"
- Bridget Simpson, fitness instructor, on "Garden Power."