North Creek, N.Y. - Gore Mountain Restaurant Week kicks off Monday, January 31, with skiers and riders taking to the Twin Fawns NASTAR course to race for their favorite Gore Region dining venue!
Racers for teams including the Tannery Pub, barVino, Black Mountain, Andie's at Smith's, Common Roots, Café Adirondack and others will compete for the fork, knife and spoon trophies to be displayed at their favorite restaurant. Awards for best times, highest racer turnout, and most spirited teams will be presented.
Race fees are $5; however participants will receive a $5 credit to dine at the restaurant they represent. Registration will open on race day at 9am, with the event starting at 11am. Music by DJ Howard and fun will highlight the day!
The Gore Region's dining opportunities have expanded dramatically in recent years, and several area restaurants will celebrate the week with unusual savory delights or special promotions. Here is a small sampling of what can be found during Gore Mountain Restaurant Week:
1) Stephen Topper of the Copperfield Inn, who was awarded "Hottest Chef of the Adirondacks" by a panel of culinary experts at the Adirondack Museum, will feature a specially made dish of Sautéed Trout with Potatoes, Parsnips, & Brown Butter Sauce for $15.95.
2) Only during Gore Mountain Restaurant Week and not to be missed, Katy Smith, owner of Common Roots, will present her dish from the North Creek Farmer's Market Brunch: Stuffed French Toast with Caramelized Banana Sauce.
3) Naya Manali of The Black Mountain will feature Sushi Night on Tuesday, February 1, with an assortment of rolls, Seaweed Salad, Miso Soup, and Steamed Pork Dumplings
4) barVino's Luke Bowers will present Seared Scallops with Red Curry Pork Belly & Potato for $15, which can be accompanied by the all-new bV Black Velvet- a combination of champagne and Guinness for $6!
5) Laura's Tavern will offer their weekly homemade Mexican menu on Wednesday, February 2, while Laura's Upstairs will feature a pound of King Crab Legs with two sides for $34.75.
6) Find German flair at Andie's at Smith's, offering a special presentation of Jäeger Schnitzel, a tenderized pork cutlet pounded thin, pan fried, and topped with a sherry mushroom onion cream sauce. Served with spaetzle and sweet & sour red cabbage for $15.95.
7) Early Bird Skier's Dinners are available for 15% off at OP Frederick's Tuesday-Thursday, 4-5:30pm by printing the online coupon
Check the events calendar and the dining page at www.GoreMountain.com for a complete list of area dining and other featured menu items, including pastries made at 5am and seasonal latees from Café Sarah, Chef's Prix Fixe Tasting Menu on Thursdays at Café Adirondack, daily lunch specials at the Gore Mountain Food Court, and more.
Gore Mountain's other dining partners include the Inn on Gore, The Wells House, Dunham's Bay Resort, Witherbee's, Friends Lake Inn, Giovanna's at the Georgian, Jimbo's Club at the Point, Johnny Rockets, Lizzie Keays, Lorenzo's, Marsha's Family Restaurant, Pete's Ahhh, Pizzeria UNO, Suzy Q's Sunshine Café, and TR's at the Holiday Inn Turf.
Emily A. Stanton
(518) 251-2411, X1121