- At 2:30 p.m., Howe Caverns second cave-themed motorcycle will be unveiled. Created by Orange County Choppers, and featured on the television program, American Choppers, the bike's details include elements that look like flowstone. The design includes images of the cave's discoverer Lester Howe and his cow, Millicent, whom Howe said discovered the great wonder down under.
- At 5 p.m., the band Flame will perform. Flame is a rock-cover band that began at the Lexington Center in Fort Plain, an agency that serves people with developmental disabilities. The band is made up of people who have disabilities including autism, Down's syndrome and blindness.
- Starting at 7:30 p.m., the Back 40 band will perform. Back 40 has been named Entertainers of the Year twice by the Northeast Country Music Association.
- The Cave House Museum of Mining & Geology will be open for tours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Refreshments will be available throughout the event.
- The new, 80-page book that shares little-known stories about Howe Caverns entitled, Lester Howe & Howe Caverns -- "The Hole Story," will be on sale in the Gift Shop. The book was compiled by Mr. Holt as a tribute to the Caverns' 80th anniversary and Lester Howe's 200th birthday in 2010.
###MEDIA CONTACT: Kathy Condon * Condon Communications PHONE: 518-436-1103 * FAX: 518-436-7346 * E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org